An 80-year-old Brookfield man was arrested for drunken driving and hit and run after striking a restaurant, two cars and two trees with his car Sept. 29, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
The man was leaving Maxim's Restaurant, 18025 W. Capitol Drive, at 1:54 p.m. Sept. 29 when he struck the building, two cars and two trees, causing minor damage.
Restaurant staff got the man's name from a credit card receipt and reported the incident to police.
The man was arrested for his third offense of drunken driving when officers went to his home and found his damaged car parked in an open garage.
He gave a blood sample so his blood-alcohol content could be determined.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Special education teacher strives to help students
- Mayoral candidates discuss budgeting, communication
- You asked, mayoral hopefuls answered
- Man pleads not guilty to sexual assault in Brookfield
- Elmbrook candidates discuss board member roles, block scheduling at forum
- On the Move 03/13/14
- Soerens dealership plans remodel, expansion in Brookfield
- In Our Schools: March 13
- Brookfield orthodontist challenges alderman over Sileno quarry