A Brookfield man accidentally fired a shotgun into a neighboring apartment unit while attempting to unload it, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also from the report:
The man called the police to report that he had misfired a round of buckshot into the wall of an apartment in the 18000 block of Lake Drive just before 10 a.m. Oct. 14, because he was unsure if anybody next door had been injured.
Paramedics were put on standby while officers called a maintenance man to unlock the apartment.
The apartment was found to be empty and nobody was injured.
The incident was ruled accidental.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Residents asked to turn in unused prescription drugs
- Brookfield girl gets death threats from ex
- Police Report: April 22
- Your votes, your voice
- News & Notes: April 24
- For Earth Day, local officials reflect on environmental impact
- In Our Schools: April 21
- Hilton planned for town of Brookfield
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history