A Brookfield man accidentally fired a shotgun into a neighboring apartment unit while attempting to unload it, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also from the report:
The man called the police to report that he had misfired a round of buckshot into the wall of an apartment in the 18000 block of Lake Drive just before 10 a.m. Oct. 14, because he was unsure if anybody next door had been injured.
Paramedics were put on standby while officers called a maintenance man to unlock the apartment.
The apartment was found to be empty and nobody was injured.
The incident was ruled accidental.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Oct. 1
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 1
- Eble Park garden gets a lot of help from volunteers
- Elm Grove Woman's Club, Junior Guild reconnecting
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Multifamily housing surges in Brookfield
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road? (1)
- Buddy Squirrel happy to return to Brookfield Square (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 1
- Brookfield to review property naming process (2)