Make-your-own just one feature of Water 2 Wine
Buyers encouraged to taste before they buy
Like the classic television sitcom "Cheers," Larry Van Hoveln aspires to make his new business venture a place "where everybody knows your name."
"Wine is best enjoyed in a social setting, so I look forward to getting to know our customers by name and developing a regular clientele," said Hoveln, owner of Water 2 Wine. He opened the winery in early May in Brookfield with his wife, Barb.
The couple - and their sons, Andrew and Scott, who invested in the Texas-based franchise - saw a prime business opportunity in becoming the first Water 2 Wine location east of the Mississippi River. The Van Hovelns were particularly drawn to the operation's rigorous wine-making procedure and buy-back policy.
"Water 2 Wine offers 20 times less sulfites than most commercial wines, and no histamines," Larry said. "We want our customers to experience our wine without having these preservatives, causing them headaches and triggering allergy symptoms.
"We also encourage them to taste the wine before they buy it to make sure they like it. Yet, our business plan is strong enough to guarantee that we'll buy the wine back if it's not what they tasted in the store."
All of Water 2 Wine Brookfield's products are made on site at its nearly 3,000-square-foot location at The Plaza in the 17000 block of West Bluemound Road. Nearly 100 varieties of wines - ranging from sweet and fruity, to port - grace its shelves, made from grapes harvested from vineyards in 14 countries, including the United States, France and Chile.
Larry said customers who mix their own wine alongside his franchise's experienced wine-making staff can expect a cost savings when their batch reaches completion. That takes 45 days, on average.
"People can order a custom-designed label for the bottle of wine they make themselves, come in at any time for a tasting, reserve the winery for a private party or find out what wine goes with a particular dish," he said. "We consider ourselves to be the ultimate wine experience."
For information on Water 2 Wine, visit Water2Wine.com.
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Water 2 Wine
ADDRESS: The Plaza, 17135 W. Bluemound Road, Suite H, Brookfield
PHONE: (262) 784-9463
OWNER: Larry Van Hoveln
TYPE OF BUSINESS: winery
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "We want to be your place to have fun and enjoy a glass of wine with family and friends."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Fazio's chocolate shop a second chance at happiness
- Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Enhancing Light Cosmetic Laser comes to Elm Grove
- Matt Schultz's search for a franchise was led by the heart
- Retirement just didn't pan out for Pro Cast's owner
- Halen Homes young, but making mark
- Freedom Physical Therapy triples clinic size
- Drove over your cell phone? CPR may help
- Spring Bank risked weak economy but won big
- Having a party? Don't fret, decorative tableware rentals available
- Brand personality key to architecture
- Science, intuition work together at Campione Chiropractic
- All-natural, fresh made cookies are staple at Sweet!
- Dental practice remembers motto: 'Never treat a stranger'
- Geary Dentistry on cutting edge of dental techniques
- Success brewing at Fava Tea in Brookfield
- Decision to strike out on his own pays off for LePoidevin Marketing head
- E-Freight Courier service stands out with niche market, high standards