Personalized Solutions life coach helps overcome stress
She aids people in reaching potential
Marcia Jakubowski believes that having a psychology background, while not a prerequisite for the position, has been invaluable to her career as a life coach.
"My experience in educational psychology gives me a broad perspective and insight on human beings and the mind-body system," said the longtime school psychologist, therapist, presenter, university instructor and now owner of Personalized Solutions LLC in Brookfield. "Even though there's no therapy involved in life coaching, psychology allows me to help my clients in ways that I wouldn't otherwise be able to."
Launched in 2010, Personalized Solutions specializes in helping business professionals work through issues that limit them from reaching their potential, Jakubowski said.
Among Jakubowski's recent success stories are clients who've overcome career problems and fears of flying and public speaking.
"My job is to uncover the barriers to my clients' success, such as their self-limiting beliefs and sources of stress," said Jakubowski. "Stress is a huge factor in the lives of people who struggle. In fact, the Center for Disease Control reports that 90 percent of all serious illnesses are related to stress.
"When we are in stress the environment in our cells is toxic and unhealthy. But when we decrease chronic stress and enjoy positive thoughts and emotions, our cells are in growth and repair, which supports a healthier life."
Jakubowski practices a variety of stress-reduction techniques included in the personalized life plans she develops with her clients.
"My coaching model is really effective because it requires people to take responsibility for changing their lives," said Jakubowski. "The beauty of it is that once they learn it they own it; it's rewarding seeing clients practicing new behaviors and successfully living in a world that they've created for themselves.
"I believe each person can be the creative genius in their own life and wherever a person is, is the perfect place to start to create something new. I can help with that."
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Personalized Solutions LLC
ADDRESS: 16580 Mary Cliff Lane, Brookfield
PHONE: (414) 588-1120
OWNER: Marcia Jakubowski
TYPE OF BUSINESS: life coaching
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew." Albert Einstein
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Bank risked weak economy but won big
- Having a party? Don't fret, decorative tableware rentals available
- Brand personality key to architecture
- Science, intuition work together at Campione Chiropractic
- All-natural, fresh made cookies are staple at Sweet!
- Dental practice remembers motto: 'Never treat a stranger'
- Geary Dentistry on cutting edge of dental techniques
- Success brewing at Fava Tea in Brookfield
- Decision to strike out on his own pays off for LePoidevin Marketing head
- E-Freight Courier service stands out with niche market, high standards
- United Driving School has personal approach to teaching students
- United Driving School aims for safe, confident motorists
- Skilled team makes variety possible at Trace-A-Matic
- Clark Associates touts strong partnerships as key
- Mother-daughter team specialize in creating invitations, stationary
- Medical spa offers customers youthful look
- Good vision not enough to ensure healthy eyes
- Spectrum changes with times to best serve clients
- Waukesha is latest location for Learning Rx
- Couple opens boxing club in Brookfield