Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: March 26
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 19
- Elm Grove establishes committee to explore fiber internet
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Brookfield man charged with knife attack on mother, sister
- Brookfield girl may have been locked in basement by parents
- Brookfield's St. John Vianney School presents 'Shrek the Musical'
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015