Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26
- Brookfield-area roadwork projects range widely (1)