Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incorporation Review Board dismisses town of Brookfield's petition (3)
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30