Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Residents, officials pleased with improvements at Calhoun Road railroad crossing in Brookfield (4)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Brief: Elm Grove Library hosting a celebration of supper clubs
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 30
- Brookfield residents unsatisfied by reduced levels of lighting at Golf Parkway (5)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 30
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30