Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Suites announces reflag to Embassy Suites, multi-million dollar renovation
- Uber, Elmbrook Humane Society team up to deliver puppies Friday
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 11
- Brookfield plan commission recommends approval of Milwaukee Tool public financing (1)
- In Brief: Alleged shooter in drive-by shooting pleads not guilty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 11
- Brookfield woman with Down Syndrome aims for independence (2)
- Grasch family to retire from grocery business; Brookfield store to be taken over by Sendik's (6)
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market? (4)