Reports of stolen election signs supporting Buck Jurken didn't slow the incumbent 4th District alderman. Jurken won the election by more than 150 votes, according to preliminary totals.
The preliminary results of tonight's election: Jurken claimed 778 votes while his opponent, Cathy Wolfla won 605.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which will meet Wednesday.
Jurken was quick to credit the voters for believing in him, something he said he takes seriously.
"I value and cherish the trust that the voters have given me, and will continue to do my part in making Brookfield a better community to live, grow and flourish."
Jurken, as well as some of his neighbors, told police a number of signs - more than half a dozen - had been taken from Erin Court. No arrests were made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Nov. Dec. 7
- Brookfield panel recommends approval of public assistance for Milwaukee Tool expansion (1)
- Brookfield East welcomes 'The Music Man' into winter theater production
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 26
- City of Brookfield to discuss potential financial aid for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Suspect in Brookfield drive-by shooting charged in federal court for possession of a firearm