Reports of stolen election signs supporting Buck Jurken didn't slow the incumbent 4th District alderman. Jurken won the election by more than 150 votes, according to preliminary totals.
The preliminary results of tonight's election: Jurken claimed 778 votes while his opponent, Cathy Wolfla won 605.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which will meet Wednesday.
Jurken was quick to credit the voters for believing in him, something he said he takes seriously.
"I value and cherish the trust that the voters have given me, and will continue to do my part in making Brookfield a better community to live, grow and flourish."
Jurken, as well as some of his neighbors, told police a number of signs - more than half a dozen - had been taken from Erin Court. No arrests were made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove Police and Fire Departments respond to house fire
- Are you affected by the Milwaukee bus strike? Brookfield Now wants to hear from Gold Line commuters
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- In Brief: Tour le Jardin is coming July 18
- Brookfield water main break causes closure of Lilly Road
- Town of Brookfield denies two sign requests (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 2 (1)
- Five things to know about trains in Brookfield (1)
- Town of Brookfield once again considers Poplar Creek proposal
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?