Reports of stolen election signs supporting Buck Jurken didn't slow the incumbent 4th District alderman. Jurken won the election by more than 150 votes, according to preliminary totals.
The preliminary results of tonight's election: Jurken claimed 778 votes while his opponent, Cathy Wolfla won 605.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which will meet Wednesday.
Jurken was quick to credit the voters for believing in him, something he said he takes seriously.
"I value and cherish the trust that the voters have given me, and will continue to do my part in making Brookfield a better community to live, grow and flourish."
Jurken, as well as some of his neighbors, told police a number of signs - more than half a dozen - had been taken from Erin Court. No arrests were made.
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (6)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Business Spotlight: When things aren't working right, hormone therapy may be called for