Reports of stolen election signs supporting Buck Jurken didn't slow the incumbent 4th District alderman. Jurken won the election by more than 150 votes, according to preliminary totals.
The preliminary results of tonight's election: Jurken claimed 778 votes while his opponent, Cathy Wolfla won 605.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which will meet Wednesday.
Jurken was quick to credit the voters for believing in him, something he said he takes seriously.
"I value and cherish the trust that the voters have given me, and will continue to do my part in making Brookfield a better community to live, grow and flourish."
Jurken, as well as some of his neighbors, told police a number of signs - more than half a dozen - had been taken from Erin Court. No arrests were made.
- Elm Grove Village Market Night to debut in June
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26