Reports of stolen election signs supporting Buck Jurken didn't slow the incumbent 4th District alderman. Jurken won the election by more than 150 votes, according to preliminary totals.
The preliminary results of tonight's election: Jurken claimed 778 votes while his opponent, Cathy Wolfla won 605.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which will meet Wednesday.
Jurken was quick to credit the voters for believing in him, something he said he takes seriously.
"I value and cherish the trust that the voters have given me, and will continue to do my part in making Brookfield a better community to live, grow and flourish."
Jurken, as well as some of his neighbors, told police a number of signs - more than half a dozen - had been taken from Erin Court. No arrests were made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 11
- Brookfield plan commission recommends approval of Milwaukee Tool public financing (1)
- In Brief: Alleged shooter in drive-by shooting pleads not guilty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 11
- Brookfield woman with Down Syndrome aims for independence
- Grasch family to retire from grocery business; Brookfield store to be taken over by Sendik's (1)
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market? (3)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield plans improvement to outdoor dining