Reports of stolen election signs supporting Buck Jurken didn't slow the incumbent 4th District alderman. Jurken won the election by more than 150 votes, according to preliminary totals.
The preliminary results of tonight's election: Jurken claimed 778 votes while his opponent, Cathy Wolfla won 605.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which will meet Wednesday.
Jurken was quick to credit the voters for believing in him, something he said he takes seriously.
"I value and cherish the trust that the voters have given me, and will continue to do my part in making Brookfield a better community to live, grow and flourish."
Jurken, as well as some of his neighbors, told police a number of signs - more than half a dozen - had been taken from Erin Court. No arrests were made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- Roundabout moves forward at Brookfield, North
- Resident calls for bike signage in village
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Police Report: April 15
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Local seniors find friendship, romance through music
- Brookfield East teens build Honda 350 from salvaged motorcycle parts
- Police: Girl, 10, says she was coerced into sending naked photos of herself to stranger