Reports of stolen election signs supporting Buck Jurken didn't slow the incumbent 4th District alderman. Jurken won the election by more than 150 votes, according to preliminary totals.
The preliminary results of tonight's election: Jurken claimed 778 votes while his opponent, Cathy Wolfla won 605.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which will meet Wednesday.
Jurken was quick to credit the voters for believing in him, something he said he takes seriously.
"I value and cherish the trust that the voters have given me, and will continue to do my part in making Brookfield a better community to live, grow and flourish."
Jurken, as well as some of his neighbors, told police a number of signs - more than half a dozen - had been taken from Erin Court. No arrests were made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: May 28
- Brookfield family shares online school experience
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity? (1)
- Brookfield's Scott named chair of governmental accounting council
- Business Spotlight: At The Gift Shoppe, the products move and the store stays fresh
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Town of Brookfield's Carp O' Rama on cusp of cancellation
- Tonawanda fifth-graders say 'farewell' to school through service project
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 21