Reports of stolen election signs supporting Buck Jurken didn't slow the incumbent 4th District alderman. Jurken won the election by more than 150 votes, according to preliminary totals.
The preliminary results of tonight's election: Jurken claimed 778 votes while his opponent, Cathy Wolfla won 605.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which will meet Wednesday.
Jurken was quick to credit the voters for believing in him, something he said he takes seriously.
"I value and cherish the trust that the voters have given me, and will continue to do my part in making Brookfield a better community to live, grow and flourish."
Jurken, as well as some of his neighbors, told police a number of signs - more than half a dozen - had been taken from Erin Court. No arrests were made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Author of book featuring Brookfield, Elm Grove police stories to host signing at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield man okay in Nepal according to email sent to parents
- Joint Review Board approves tax incremental district
- Joint Review Board to rule on Irgens' financial aid
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: April 30
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'