Juneau Boulevard will be closed at the railroad crossing in the 13600 block beginning Monday. It is expected to reopen Friday, Oct. 5, Police Chief Jim Gage said in a news release today.
"No vehicle traffic will be permitted to travel through the road closure at anytime, day or night," he said.
CP Rail will be improving the crossing by adding concrete between the tracks, thereby smoothing out the crossing. Train traffic will continue one track at a limited speed of 25 mph, which may cause longer than usual traffic delays along Watertown Plank Road during this project, Gage noted.
No specific detour will be posted.
In addition to Watertown Plank Road, alternate east/west routes may include using North Avenue and Bluemound Road.
Elm Grove Road between Juneau Boulevard and Watertown Plank Road will remain open.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: March 26
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 19
- Elm Grove establishes committee to explore fiber internet
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Brookfield man charged with knife attack on mother, sister
- Brookfield girl may have been locked in basement by parents
- Brookfield's St. John Vianney School presents 'Shrek the Musical'
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015