Juneau Boulevard will be closed at the railroad crossing in the 13600 block beginning Monday. It is expected to reopen Friday, Oct. 5, Police Chief Jim Gage said in a news release today.
"No vehicle traffic will be permitted to travel through the road closure at anytime, day or night," he said.
CP Rail will be improving the crossing by adding concrete between the tracks, thereby smoothing out the crossing. Train traffic will continue one track at a limited speed of 25 mph, which may cause longer than usual traffic delays along Watertown Plank Road during this project, Gage noted.
No specific detour will be posted.
In addition to Watertown Plank Road, alternate east/west routes may include using North Avenue and Bluemound Road.
Elm Grove Road between Juneau Boulevard and Watertown Plank Road will remain open.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Grab a Bite: Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Brookfield Central students raise money, awareness for peer with brain cancer
- Brookfield Square plans emphasize light, outside entrances
- On the Move: Dec. 12
- Brookfield firefighters reunite with baby born at Goerke's Corners Park & Ride
- Former Brass owner reminisces in new book
- Anti-aging spa coming to Elm Grove in January
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Sensenbrenner tells Brookfield Republicans flag should not have been lowered for Mandela