Juneau Boulevard will be closed at the railroad crossing in the 13600 block beginning Monday. It is expected to reopen Friday, Oct. 5, Police Chief Jim Gage said in a news release today.
"No vehicle traffic will be permitted to travel through the road closure at anytime, day or night," he said.
CP Rail will be improving the crossing by adding concrete between the tracks, thereby smoothing out the crossing. Train traffic will continue one track at a limited speed of 25 mph, which may cause longer than usual traffic delays along Watertown Plank Road during this project, Gage noted.
No specific detour will be posted.
In addition to Watertown Plank Road, alternate east/west routes may include using North Avenue and Bluemound Road.
Elm Grove Road between Juneau Boulevard and Watertown Plank Road will remain open.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police pursuing suspect in shots fired incident
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- The Corridor project in Brookfield criticized for height, density and its name
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- Brookfield Library celebrates fall
- City recognized for financial reporting
- Brookfield church organizes packing event to send 96,000 meals to Ebola patients in Liberia
- Elm Grove man takes reins of Wisconsin Philharmonic