Juneau Boulevard will be closed at the railroad crossing in the 13600 block beginning Monday. It is expected to reopen Friday, Oct. 5, Police Chief Jim Gage said in a news release today.
"No vehicle traffic will be permitted to travel through the road closure at anytime, day or night," he said.
CP Rail will be improving the crossing by adding concrete between the tracks, thereby smoothing out the crossing. Train traffic will continue one track at a limited speed of 25 mph, which may cause longer than usual traffic delays along Watertown Plank Road during this project, Gage noted.
No specific detour will be posted.
In addition to Watertown Plank Road, alternate east/west routes may include using North Avenue and Bluemound Road.
Elm Grove Road between Juneau Boulevard and Watertown Plank Road will remain open.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Oct. 8
- Brookfield Central High School Orchestra presents annual 'Spooktacular' concert
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- In Brief: Oct. 1
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 1
- Eble Park garden gets a lot of help from volunteers
- Elm Grove Woman's Club, Junior Guild reconnecting
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Multifamily housing surges in Brookfield