Juneau Boulevard will be closed at the railroad crossing in the 13600 block beginning Monday. It is expected to reopen Friday, Oct. 5, Police Chief Jim Gage said in a news release today.
"No vehicle traffic will be permitted to travel through the road closure at anytime, day or night," he said.
CP Rail will be improving the crossing by adding concrete between the tracks, thereby smoothing out the crossing. Train traffic will continue one track at a limited speed of 25 mph, which may cause longer than usual traffic delays along Watertown Plank Road during this project, Gage noted.
No specific detour will be posted.
In addition to Watertown Plank Road, alternate east/west routes may include using North Avenue and Bluemound Road.
Elm Grove Road between Juneau Boulevard and Watertown Plank Road will remain open.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove releases surveillance photos of TCF Bank robbery suspects (7)
- Elmbrook School Board takes a look at crowding at Swanson school (15)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: Feb. 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 4
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development? (6)
- Brookfield man charged with shooting neighbors arrested again for assaulting hotel manager (3)
- Town of Brookfield man faces possible prison time in domestic violence case
- Brookfield Elm Grove Interfaith Network sets sights on building bridges
- Brookfield Square already planning another expansion, including parking structure (2)