Aldermen Bill Carnell and Lisa Mellone defended their aldermanic seats against challengers Adris Jaunberzins and Kris Seals.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Aldermanic District 1
Bill Carnell (i) 741
Andris Jaunberzins 318
Aldermanic District 7
Lisa Mellone (i) 691
Kris Seals 132
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which meets Wednesday.
About 26 percent of the 27,430 registered voters in the city cast ballots.
Carnell said he thought he secured his win in part by sending out specialized fliers to various parts of his district about issues directly affecting them. He said he was happy to see all incumbents keeping their positions.
"I think one thing important to me is that we're returning the same people to the Common Council, and all the people I work with are cooperative, they're collegial and they compromise, and I think the people of Brookfield realize this is a very special council that's very professional."
Mellone sent a statement by email: "I'm humbled and thrilled to have the continued support and confidence of the District 7 residents. I look forward to continued interaction and collaboration with all residents to make Brookfield even better."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- In Brief: Oct. 1
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 1
- Eble Park garden gets a lot of help from volunteers
- Elm Grove Woman's Club, Junior Guild reconnecting
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Multifamily housing surges in Brookfield
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road? (1)
- Buddy Squirrel happy to return to Brookfield Square (2)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 1