Aldermen Bill Carnell and Lisa Mellone defended their aldermanic seats against challengers Adris Jaunberzins and Kris Seals.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Aldermanic District 1
Bill Carnell (i) 741
Andris Jaunberzins 318
Aldermanic District 7
Lisa Mellone (i) 691
Kris Seals 132
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which meets Wednesday.
About 26 percent of the 27,430 registered voters in the city cast ballots.
Carnell said he thought he secured his win in part by sending out specialized fliers to various parts of his district about issues directly affecting them. He said he was happy to see all incumbents keeping their positions.
"I think one thing important to me is that we're returning the same people to the Common Council, and all the people I work with are cooperative, they're collegial and they compromise, and I think the people of Brookfield realize this is a very special council that's very professional."
Mellone sent a statement by email: "I'm humbled and thrilled to have the continued support and confidence of the District 7 residents. I look forward to continued interaction and collaboration with all residents to make Brookfield even better."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- Milwaukee-area teens aim to continue fight against teen suicide
- Elmbrook promotes Pilgrim Park Middle School's Mike Sereno and Mark Peperkorn
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: March 26
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 19
- Elm Grove establishes committee to explore fiber internet
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal