Aldermen Bill Carnell and Lisa Mellone defended their aldermanic seats against challengers Adris Jaunberzins and Kris Seals.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Aldermanic District 1
Bill Carnell (i) 741
Andris Jaunberzins 318
Aldermanic District 7
Lisa Mellone (i) 691
Kris Seals 132
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which meets Wednesday.
About 26 percent of the 27,430 registered voters in the city cast ballots.
Carnell said he thought he secured his win in part by sending out specialized fliers to various parts of his district about issues directly affecting them. He said he was happy to see all incumbents keeping their positions.
"I think one thing important to me is that we're returning the same people to the Common Council, and all the people I work with are cooperative, they're collegial and they compromise, and I think the people of Brookfield realize this is a very special council that's very professional."
Mellone sent a statement by email: "I'm humbled and thrilled to have the continued support and confidence of the District 7 residents. I look forward to continued interaction and collaboration with all residents to make Brookfield even better."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth