Aldermen Bill Carnell and Lisa Mellone defended their aldermanic seats against challengers Adris Jaunberzins and Kris Seals.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Aldermanic District 1
Bill Carnell (i) 741
Andris Jaunberzins 318
Aldermanic District 7
Lisa Mellone (i) 691
Kris Seals 132
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which meets Wednesday.
About 26 percent of the 27,430 registered voters in the city cast ballots.
Carnell said he thought he secured his win in part by sending out specialized fliers to various parts of his district about issues directly affecting them. He said he was happy to see all incumbents keeping their positions.
"I think one thing important to me is that we're returning the same people to the Common Council, and all the people I work with are cooperative, they're collegial and they compromise, and I think the people of Brookfield realize this is a very special council that's very professional."
Mellone sent a statement by email: "I'm humbled and thrilled to have the continued support and confidence of the District 7 residents. I look forward to continued interaction and collaboration with all residents to make Brookfield even better."
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (5)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)
- Trainer allegedly sexually assaulted client at town of Brookfield fitness center
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- In brief: RR crossing closed (3)