City of Brookfield hosts Arbor Day Writing Contest
The city of Brookfield is hosting an Arbor Day writing contest. This year's theme is "I would plant a tree for …."
The contest is open to city residents of all ages, one entry per person, amateur writers only. Essays, poetry and other types of creative writing are acceptable. Entries must be 350 words or less and must be the submitter's original work. Three winners will be chosen based on creativity and originality. Winners will receive a tree seedling ready for planting. The entry form is available at the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Office, 2000 N. Calhoun Road, and is due along with the entry by April 4. Winners will be notified April 16.
Youth baseball, softball and t-ball registration begins Saturday
Online and in-person registration for youth baseball, softball and t-ball begins Friday at 8 a.m. In-person registration is done at the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Office, 2000 N. Calhoun Road until 10 a.m. Friday, continuing Monday through March 8 during regular business hours. Online registration is recommended, as the department can not guarantee how quickly registrations can be processed. For more information, call (262) 796-6675 or visit www.ci.brookfield.wi.us.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Corners, in the town of Brookfield, adds a women's fashion store to its growing list of tenants
- Brookfield city council to meet Tuesday at 7:45 p.m.
- Brookfield church hopes to bring residents, local music together
- Auditions at Brookfield's Wilson Center may take singers to the Met
- Elm Grove proposed budget requires reduction
- Brookfield East High School recruits students for new DECA chapter
- Brookfield drunk driver leads police on 80 mph chase
- In Our Schools: Oct. 8
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Oct. 8
- Brookfield Central High School Orchestra presents annual 'Spooktacular' concert