City of Brookfield hosts Arbor Day Writing Contest
The city of Brookfield is hosting an Arbor Day writing contest. This year's theme is "I would plant a tree for …."
The contest is open to city residents of all ages, one entry per person, amateur writers only. Essays, poetry and other types of creative writing are acceptable. Entries must be 350 words or less and must be the submitter's original work. Three winners will be chosen based on creativity and originality. Winners will receive a tree seedling ready for planting. The entry form is available at the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Office, 2000 N. Calhoun Road, and is due along with the entry by April 4. Winners will be notified April 16.
Youth baseball, softball and t-ball registration begins Saturday
Online and in-person registration for youth baseball, softball and t-ball begins Friday at 8 a.m. In-person registration is done at the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Office, 2000 N. Calhoun Road until 10 a.m. Friday, continuing Monday through March 8 during regular business hours. Online registration is recommended, as the department can not guarantee how quickly registrations can be processed. For more information, call (262) 796-6675 or visit www.ci.brookfield.wi.us.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove releases surveillance photos of TCF Bank robbery suspects (7)
- Elmbrook School Board takes a look at crowding at Swanson school (16)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: Feb. 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 4
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development? (6)
- Brookfield man charged with shooting neighbors arrested again for assaulting hotel manager (3)
- Town of Brookfield man faces possible prison time in domestic violence case
- Brookfield Elm Grove Interfaith Network sets sights on building bridges
- Brookfield Square already planning another expansion, including parking structure (2)