Elmbrook School District residents are invited to provide their input as the School Board develops criteria to use when searching for and selecting the next superintendent.
The board has hired search firm Ray & Associates of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to conduct a national search. Ray & Associates will facilitate Superintendent Search Focus Groups on Nov. 15 to build a profile of the ideal Elmbrook superintendent.
Community members are invited to attend forums at the following times/locations:
10:30 to 11:45 a.m., Central Administrative Offices, 13780 Hope St., Brookfield
6:30 to 8 p.m., Brookfield East High School cafeteria, 3305 North Lilly Road, Brookfield
Additionally, residents can take an online survey about characteristics desired in a superintendent. The survey will be open until 8 a.m. Nov. 16 and can be accessed at www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q3YCXDL or through the district website, elmbrookschools.org.
Following the focus groups and survey, a profile will be created and Ray & Associates will begin the candidate recruiting and screening process, district officials said. The Board of Education is expected to interview candidates and select Elmbrook's next superintendent in February.
Superintendent Matt Gibson, who has served the district for 17 years, will retire in June.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26
- Brookfield-area roadwork projects range widely (1)