Elmbrook School District residents are invited to provide their input as the School Board develops criteria to use when searching for and selecting the next superintendent.
The board has hired search firm Ray & Associates of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to conduct a national search. Ray & Associates will facilitate Superintendent Search Focus Groups on Nov. 15 to build a profile of the ideal Elmbrook superintendent.
Community members are invited to attend forums at the following times/locations:
10:30 to 11:45 a.m., Central Administrative Offices, 13780 Hope St., Brookfield
6:30 to 8 p.m., Brookfield East High School cafeteria, 3305 North Lilly Road, Brookfield
Additionally, residents can take an online survey about characteristics desired in a superintendent. The survey will be open until 8 a.m. Nov. 16 and can be accessed at www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q3YCXDL or through the district website, elmbrookschools.org.
Following the focus groups and survey, a profile will be created and Ray & Associates will begin the candidate recruiting and screening process, district officials said. The Board of Education is expected to interview candidates and select Elmbrook's next superintendent in February.
Superintendent Matt Gibson, who has served the district for 17 years, will retire in June.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield officer honored for heroism
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 7
- In Our Schools: May 7, 2015
- Falls board considers appointing trustee to fill vacant seat
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Brookfield, Elm Grove libraries expand roles in community
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: May 7
- Two suspects charged with Elm Grove burglaries, thefts
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: May 7
- Deanna Wellens named new associate principal of Pilgrim Park Middle School