The ethnic background of many members of the Evangelical & Reformed United Church of Christ in Waukesha is German, so it was natural for the church to host 16 people from their partner church in Paderborn, Germany. The Redeemer Church in Sussex joined the church in entertaining the group. The German guests and their hosts visited many places including Chicago, where they toured Watertower Place, Navy Pier and Shedd Aquarium. They also visited the Hindu Temple in Pewaukee, the Islamic Mosque and the Congregation Shalom synagogue in Milwaukee. Social service agencies in Waukesha were also part of the tour. The final day included a trip to Madison to visit the Capitol.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County exec presents awards
- Pewaukee chamber goes Hollywood
- A maddening crowd
- Interfaith Senior Programs helping people age with dignity
- Oconomowoc Woman's Club Ladies' Night Out
- Wine & Whiskers
- Safe Babies Healthy Families Sweetheart Fashion Show
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Celebrating Wall of Fame
- Delafield Chamber of Commerce Pink Tie Gala
- A celebration of support for The Women's Center
- Elmbrook Education Association Ladies Night Out
- The 14th annual Hope Center Thanksgiving Dinner
- Interfaith Caregiving Network fish fry
- Close to Home: Boy Scouts of America Starlight Serenade
- Oconomowoc Woman's Club luncheon
- When wine equals water
- The power of women
- Caring for those in need
- I Back Jack Foundation