Brookfield East High School student Collin Steen has won a $1,000 Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Excellence Scholarship. Recipients of the scholarship demonstrate academic excellence and a strong promise to succeed in college and beyond. Steen is among 22 recipients this year from the southeastern Wisconsin region.
Three Elmbrook teachers have been selected as Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Fellowship recipients: Brian Balfany of Pilgrim Park Middle School; Laurie Horne of Wisconsin Hills Middle School and Thomas Juran of Brookfield Central High School.
Fellowship recipients are chosen for their superior ability to inspire a love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others, and for their leadership and service within and outside the classroom. Each Fellow receives a $1,000 grant, as does the school they teach at.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Upcoming meetings: July 24, 2014
- Business Calendar: July 24
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Summer camp takes edge off education at St. John Vianney