Brookfield East High School student Collin Steen has won a $1,000 Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Excellence Scholarship. Recipients of the scholarship demonstrate academic excellence and a strong promise to succeed in college and beyond. Steen is among 22 recipients this year from the southeastern Wisconsin region.
Three Elmbrook teachers have been selected as Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Fellowship recipients: Brian Balfany of Pilgrim Park Middle School; Laurie Horne of Wisconsin Hills Middle School and Thomas Juran of Brookfield Central High School.
Fellowship recipients are chosen for their superior ability to inspire a love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others, and for their leadership and service within and outside the classroom. Each Fellow receives a $1,000 grant, as does the school they teach at.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: July 30
- Gumina industrial development site prep nears completion
- Elmbrook Education Foundation releases early details of annual Ladies' Night
- Capitol water tower getting a makeover
- Architectural designs of The Corners receives town nod
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 23
- Car and motorcycle show returns to Elm Grove
- Elmbrook students, grades 4 to 10, will receive Chromebooks next school year (6)
- Brookfield rejects West Allis regarding 124th Street extension (1)
- Irgens gets Corridor signs as requested following concession