The Elm Grove Fire Department responded a fire early Monday morning that nearly destroyed an Elm Grove home.
There were no reported injuries to occupants or emergency personnel. Police Chief Jim Gage said no one was home when fire and police personnel arrived just before 3 a.m. in the 15000 block of Westover Road. Brookfield, Waukesha, New Berlin, Menomonee Falls, Lannon and Muskego also responded.
The cause of the fire, which officials said was under control by 4 a.m., is still under investigation. No origin has been determined at this time.
Early estimate of structural loss is $407,300. Total assessed value of the home, including land, is $548,000, based on 2012 property tax listings. The home had been listed for sale.
It was not immediately known whether the home had working smoke detectors or a fire alarm system.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Outdoor sidewalk sales in Brookfield receive city approval
- Brookfield woman says unleashed Rottweiler attacked her dog
- Police Report: June 18
- Elmbrook surveys for satisfaction
- WisDOT may use Brookfield quarry as clean fill dump for seven years
- Ask NOW: Why can't 16-year-olds check out movies at the Brookfield Public Library?
- Elmbrook named top workplace
- Business Calendar: May 16-29
- Grab a Bite: Jake's: More than just steak and potatoes
- 'Starry Nights' at the Wilson Center starts June 21