The Elm Grove Fire Department responded a fire early Monday morning that nearly destroyed an Elm Grove home.
There were no reported injuries to occupants or emergency personnel. Police Chief Jim Gage said no one was home when fire and police personnel arrived just before 3 a.m. in the 15000 block of Westover Road. Brookfield, Waukesha, New Berlin, Menomonee Falls, Lannon and Muskego also responded.
The cause of the fire, which officials said was under control by 4 a.m., is still under investigation. No origin has been determined at this time.
Early estimate of structural loss is $407,300. Total assessed value of the home, including land, is $548,000, based on 2012 property tax listings. The home had been listed for sale.
It was not immediately known whether the home had working smoke detectors or a fire alarm system.
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (6)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Business Spotlight: When things aren't working right, hormone therapy may be called for