The Elmbrook School Board voted, 6-1, tonight to close Hillside Elementary School after this school year ends.
Board member Bob Ziegler provided the lone dissenting vote, saying the board should see a redistricting plan before making the decision.
A plan for redistricting Elmbrook's remaining elementary schools is expected to be unveiled in November.
The decision was greeted with jeers from the crowd of about 150 people who came to witness the vote, most of whom oppose the closing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christian Pleister named Canterbury Elementary's new principal
- Business Notes: July 24
- ActionCoach of Brookfield helps businesses grow and prosper
- Brookfield Central High School teacher battles liver failure, shows improvement
- Elmbrook receives passing grades
- Brookfield Plan Commission takes a look at two developments
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Group seeks to revitalize Brookfield's original village
- Brookfield Gold Medal student hopes more follow in her footsteps
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 17