The Elmbrook School District welcomed two more members to its administration this summer.
Johnston has served as the director of buildings and grounds for the Oshkosh Area School District for the past six years.
He was instrumental in the passage of a $6.5 million deferred maintenance referendum and helped implement $21.5 million in energy efficiency projects, the Elmbrook School District reported in a news release. Before his position in Oshkosh, Johnston worked for the Omro School District in a similar role.
"I am excited to be with the Elmbrook Schools and to lead a facilities team that is highly valued and takes great pride in its work," Johnston stated. "I look forward to working collaboratively with staff and students to provide quality services efficiently, and to maintain the long-term vision that exists for facility planning in the district."
Johnston's office will be located in Wisconsin Hills Middle School, 18700 W. Wisconsin Avenue.
The district also welcomed Holly Lee as its program coordinator for Fairview South School, 3525 Bermuda Blvd., this summer.
Lee has served as an Autism Educational Consultant for southeastern Wisconsin's regional cooperative agency, CESA #1. Lee has served as a special-education teacher, a psychometrist analyzing psychological and educational assessment data, and a clinical coordinator for the Oconomowoc Developmental Training Center.
"Through my work as a consultant with the students, staff and families at Fairview South, I have been impressed with the mission-driven purpose of this school community," Lee stated. "To be given the opportunity to direct the cooperative program is both an honor and a privilege."
Other previously announced recent hires include Director of Secondary Education Ryan Oertel and Burleigh Elementary School Principal Christian Pleister.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Town of Brookfield officials remain confident despite slow pace on The Corners
- Brookfield man nears end of quest to run a marathon in every state
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook fundraiser initiative connects local businesses with area schools
- Brookfield water utility lead operator wins award with invention
- Elmbrook Education Foundation's annual Ladies Night fundraiser to help meet $100K goal
- Brookfield Church donates, packages over 1,000 Thanksgiving meals