The Elmbrook School District issued a statement today about a federal appeals court ruling that it violated the Constitution by holding past graduation ceremonies at Elmbrook Church.
Superintendent Mark Hansen said in the statement that while the district is "disappointed" with the ruling, Elmbrook "will continue to use the field house in the future. There is no further need for graduation ceremonies to be held at Elmbrook Church."
Hansen also noted the district is working with legal counsel to determine the next steps in resolving the case.
"Our primary focus as a district has always been to spend our time and resources on educating our students," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District likely to cut 25-30 positions
- Brookfield mother, daughter create worldwide fundraiser to help Boston Marathon victims
- Police report: May 21
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Loaded handgun taken from unlocked car in Brookfield
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Water main project in Elm Grove could cause delays
- In Our Schools: May 20