The Elmbrook School District issued a statement today about a federal appeals court ruling that it violated the Constitution by holding past graduation ceremonies at Elmbrook Church.
Superintendent Mark Hansen said in the statement that while the district is "disappointed" with the ruling, Elmbrook "will continue to use the field house in the future. There is no further need for graduation ceremonies to be held at Elmbrook Church."
Hansen also noted the district is working with legal counsel to determine the next steps in resolving the case.
"Our primary focus as a district has always been to spend our time and resources on educating our students," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 26
- City of Brookfield to discuss potential financial aid for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Suspect in Brookfield drive-by shooting charged in federal court for possession of a firearm
- Brookfield, Elm Grove police honored by American Legion
- Library Recommendations: Nov. 26
- Elmbrook Humane Society joins in on Black Friday festivities
- Business Notes: Nov. 26