The Elmbrook School District issued a statement today about a federal appeals court ruling that it violated the Constitution by holding past graduation ceremonies at Elmbrook Church.
Superintendent Mark Hansen said in the statement that while the district is "disappointed" with the ruling, Elmbrook "will continue to use the field house in the future. There is no further need for graduation ceremonies to be held at Elmbrook Church."
Hansen also noted the district is working with legal counsel to determine the next steps in resolving the case.
"Our primary focus as a district has always been to spend our time and resources on educating our students," he said.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Residents, officials pleased with improvements at Calhoun Road railroad crossing in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Brief: Elm Grove Library hosting a celebration of supper clubs
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 30
- Brookfield residents unsatisfied by reduced levels of lighting at Golf Parkway
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 30
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30