The Elmbrook School District issued a statement today about a federal appeals court ruling that it violated the Constitution by holding past graduation ceremonies at Elmbrook Church.
Superintendent Mark Hansen said in the statement that while the district is "disappointed" with the ruling, Elmbrook "will continue to use the field house in the future. There is no further need for graduation ceremonies to be held at Elmbrook Church."
Hansen also noted the district is working with legal counsel to determine the next steps in resolving the case.
"Our primary focus as a district has always been to spend our time and resources on educating our students," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield plans improvement to outdoor dining
- Business Spotlight: A hobby became a business for yarn shop founders
- Blackfinn Ameripub plans Brookfield Square opening
- In Our Schools: Feb 11
- Engagement: Freckmann-Weiss
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- Elm Grove police continue search for two TCF Bank robbery suspects (5)
- Elmbrook School Board takes a look at crowding at Swanson school (17)