The Elmbrook School District issued a statement today about a federal appeals court ruling that it violated the Constitution by holding past graduation ceremonies at Elmbrook Church.
Superintendent Mark Hansen said in the statement that while the district is "disappointed" with the ruling, Elmbrook "will continue to use the field house in the future. There is no further need for graduation ceremonies to be held at Elmbrook Church."
Hansen also noted the district is working with legal counsel to determine the next steps in resolving the case.
"Our primary focus as a district has always been to spend our time and resources on educating our students," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power out in Brookfield
- Grab a Bite: Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Brookfield Central students raise money, awareness for peer with brain cancer
- Brookfield Square plans emphasize light, outside entrances
- On the Move: Dec. 12
- Brookfield firefighters reunite with baby born at Goerke's Corners Park & Ride
- Former Brass owner reminisces in new book
- Anti-aging spa coming to Elm Grove in January
- News & Notes: Dec. 11