The Elmbrook School District issued a statement today about a federal appeals court ruling that it violated the Constitution by holding past graduation ceremonies at Elmbrook Church.
Superintendent Mark Hansen said in the statement that while the district is "disappointed" with the ruling, Elmbrook "will continue to use the field house in the future. There is no further need for graduation ceremonies to be held at Elmbrook Church."
Hansen also noted the district is working with legal counsel to determine the next steps in resolving the case.
"Our primary focus as a district has always been to spend our time and resources on educating our students," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Penelope's in Elm Grove, with its varied menu, thrives in the heart of the villag
- Weekly Planner: Oct 2
- Elm Grove family key to Vietnam program
- Brookfield church using a game to decrease environmental impact
- In wake of theft spree, Brookfield police give gym safety tips
- Business Notes: Oct. 2
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 2
- Town of Brookfield plays a waiting game on The Corners
- Brookfield dog rescue operation tries to find a place in life for every dog
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?