The Elmbrook School District issued a statement today about a federal appeals court ruling that it violated the Constitution by holding past graduation ceremonies at Elmbrook Church.
Superintendent Mark Hansen said in the statement that while the district is "disappointed" with the ruling, Elmbrook "will continue to use the field house in the future. There is no further need for graduation ceremonies to be held at Elmbrook Church."
Hansen also noted the district is working with legal counsel to determine the next steps in resolving the case.
"Our primary focus as a district has always been to spend our time and resources on educating our students," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Oct. 1
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 1
- Eble Park garden gets a lot of help from volunteers
- Elm Grove Woman's Club, Junior Guild reconnecting
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Multifamily housing surges in Brookfield
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road? (1)
- Buddy Squirrel happy to return to Brookfield Square (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 1
- Brookfield to review property naming process (2)