The Elmbrook School District issued a statement today about a federal appeals court ruling that it violated the Constitution by holding past graduation ceremonies at Elmbrook Church.
Superintendent Mark Hansen said in the statement that while the district is "disappointed" with the ruling, Elmbrook "will continue to use the field house in the future. There is no further need for graduation ceremonies to be held at Elmbrook Church."
Hansen also noted the district is working with legal counsel to determine the next steps in resolving the case.
"Our primary focus as a district has always been to spend our time and resources on educating our students," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30
- Brookfield market celebrates 25 years
- Hiking at Philmont teaches lifelong lessons to scouts from Brookfield school
- Brookfield and Elm Grove things to do: week of July 30
- City of Brookfield to host 17th National Night Out
- Brookfield man charged after alleged stabbing
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: July 30
- Gumina industrial development site prep nears completion (1)
- Elmbrook Education Foundation releases early details of annual Ladies' Night
- Capitol water tower getting a makeover