The Elmbrook School Board has identified Mark Hansen, currently chief academic officer in the Pewaukee School District, as the finalist to become the next Elmbrook school superintendent.
In a news release, the board noted that 47 candidates formally applied, six candidates were interviewed and two finalists were under serious consideration until one withdrew.
"Mr. Hansen has an outstanding track record of educational accomplishment and leadership and the board looks forward to continuing its analysis and vetting of his candidacy on Feb. 16," School Board President Tom Gehl said.
On Feb. 16, Hansen will tour two schools, meet with select district and school staff members and have a finalist interview.
The board wants to hire a new superintendent before the end of the month so that person is ready to serve the district July 1. Current Superintendent Matt Gibson, who has served the district for the past 17 years, is retiring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City police respond to four burglaries
- Waukesha County beaches open Saturday
- Brookfield native takes culinary skills to television
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: May 28
- Brookfield family shares online school experience
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity? (2)
- Brookfield's Scott named chair of governmental accounting council
- Business Spotlight: At The Gift Shoppe, the products move and the store stays fresh
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis