The Elmbrook School Board has identified Mark Hansen, currently chief academic officer in the Pewaukee School District, as the finalist to become the next Elmbrook school superintendent.
In a news release, the board noted that 47 candidates formally applied, six candidates were interviewed and two finalists were under serious consideration until one withdrew.
"Mr. Hansen has an outstanding track record of educational accomplishment and leadership and the board looks forward to continuing its analysis and vetting of his candidacy on Feb. 16," School Board President Tom Gehl said.
On Feb. 16, Hansen will tour two schools, meet with select district and school staff members and have a finalist interview.
The board wants to hire a new superintendent before the end of the month so that person is ready to serve the district July 1. Current Superintendent Matt Gibson, who has served the district for the past 17 years, is retiring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction starts on Brookfield Square expansion
- Wisconsin's Attorney General Brad Schimel reflects on first months in new office
- Elmbrook School District faces $1 million reduction in funding under Gov. Scott Walker's budget (6)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 26
- North side Brookfield residents continue to battle flooding
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- On the Move: Feb. 26
- Education Notes: Feb. 29
- Elmbrook Parent Network to address appropriate social media use in panel discussion