The Elmbrook School Board has identified Mark Hansen, currently chief academic officer in the Pewaukee School District, as the finalist to become the next Elmbrook school superintendent.
In a news release, the board noted that 47 candidates formally applied, six candidates were interviewed and two finalists were under serious consideration until one withdrew.
"Mr. Hansen has an outstanding track record of educational accomplishment and leadership and the board looks forward to continuing its analysis and vetting of his candidacy on Feb. 16," School Board President Tom Gehl said.
On Feb. 16, Hansen will tour two schools, meet with select district and school staff members and have a finalist interview.
The board wants to hire a new superintendent before the end of the month so that person is ready to serve the district July 1. Current Superintendent Matt Gibson, who has served the district for the past 17 years, is retiring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Upcoming meetings: July 24, 2014
- Business Calendar: July 24
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Summer camp takes edge off education at St. John Vianney