The Elmbrook School Board has identified Mark Hansen, currently chief academic officer in the Pewaukee School District, as the finalist to become the next Elmbrook school superintendent.
In a news release, the board noted that 47 candidates formally applied, six candidates were interviewed and two finalists were under serious consideration until one withdrew.
"Mr. Hansen has an outstanding track record of educational accomplishment and leadership and the board looks forward to continuing its analysis and vetting of his candidacy on Feb. 16," School Board President Tom Gehl said.
On Feb. 16, Hansen will tour two schools, meet with select district and school staff members and have a finalist interview.
The board wants to hire a new superintendent before the end of the month so that person is ready to serve the district July 1. Current Superintendent Matt Gibson, who has served the district for the past 17 years, is retiring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook student, teacher named 2015 Herb Kohl Excellence Scholarship and Fellowship recipients
- Learning Rx: Brookfield East students compete in Moody's Mega Math Challenge and win honorable menti
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 16
- Brookfield looks to put finishing touches on 124th Street Commerce District
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 16
- Brookfield East seniors earn recognition in national mathematical modeling competition
- Ask Now: Why isn't the city on Facebook?
- Brookfield feels sting of tax fraud (1)
- Elmbrook Area In Our Schools; April 16