The Elmbrook School Board has identified Mark Hansen, currently chief academic officer in the Pewaukee School District, as the finalist to become the next Elmbrook school superintendent.
In a news release, the board noted that 47 candidates formally applied, six candidates were interviewed and two finalists were under serious consideration until one withdrew.
"Mr. Hansen has an outstanding track record of educational accomplishment and leadership and the board looks forward to continuing its analysis and vetting of his candidacy on Feb. 16," School Board President Tom Gehl said.
On Feb. 16, Hansen will tour two schools, meet with select district and school staff members and have a finalist interview.
The board wants to hire a new superintendent before the end of the month so that person is ready to serve the district July 1. Current Superintendent Matt Gibson, who has served the district for the past 17 years, is retiring.
- Brookfield East choir to perform with Foreigner at Waukesha County Fair
- Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat
- Wisconsin Athletic Club nearing town of Brookfield opening
- Elm Grove setting up for second Great Campout
- Brookfield officials happy to see Biloba expansion (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: July 21
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- In Brief: Local legislators unchallenged, county clerk faces contest
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 21
- Brookfield jewelry store hit by burglars