Daniel Westfahl, currently principal at Stormonth Elementary School in the Fox Point-Bayside School District, has been chosen to take the reins at Brookfield Elementary School.
The Elmbrook School Board is set to vote on a two-year contract for Westfahl on Monday. It stipulates a salary of $99,000.
Westfahl has been principal at Stormonth for three years. He began his career in education as a first-grade teacher at Marcy Elementary School in the Hamilton School District in 1993.
Brookfield Elementary Principal Lynn Raines announced her retirement in March. She has been with the district since 2004, starting as a first-grade teacher at Burleigh Elementary, and began her position as principal at Brookfield Elementary in 2009.
Elmbrook received 68 applications in response to the posting for the position, according to School Board documents posted today. Eight candidates were initially screened, and three finalists were selected by an interview team.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield panel recommends approval of public assistance for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Brookfield East welcomes 'The Music Man' into winter theater production
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 26
- City of Brookfield to discuss potential financial aid for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Suspect in Brookfield drive-by shooting charged in federal court for possession of a firearm
- Brookfield, Elm Grove police honored by American Legion