Daniel Westfahl, currently principal at Stormonth Elementary School in the Fox Point-Bayside School District, has been chosen to take the reins at Brookfield Elementary School.
The Elmbrook School Board is set to vote on a two-year contract for Westfahl on Monday. It stipulates a salary of $99,000.
Westfahl has been principal at Stormonth for three years. He began his career in education as a first-grade teacher at Marcy Elementary School in the Hamilton School District in 1993.
Brookfield Elementary Principal Lynn Raines announced her retirement in March. She has been with the district since 2004, starting as a first-grade teacher at Burleigh Elementary, and began her position as principal at Brookfield Elementary in 2009.
Elmbrook received 68 applications in response to the posting for the position, according to School Board documents posted today. Eight candidates were initially screened, and three finalists were selected by an interview team.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- In Our Schools: March 5, 2015
- Construction starts on Brookfield Square expansion
- Wisconsin's Attorney General Brad Schimel reflects on first months in new office
- Elmbrook School District faces $1 million reduction in funding under Gov. Scott Walker's budget (6)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 26
- North side Brookfield residents continue to battle flooding
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?