Ellipse Fitness owner helps folks put goals into action
Decision to buy club made in week
While rapid rises are nothing new in the business world, Ashley Haag's recent ascent from manager to owner of two local Ellipse Fitness franchises threatens to make a mockery of fast climbs up the corporate ladder.
"I was working out at Ellipse Fitness-Third Ward last fall and a staff member told me that their manager had just left and I should apply for the opening, since I was always giving them marketing ideas," Haag said. "I did, and got the job. I started on a Monday. By midweek, I learned that that location and Ellipse Fitness-Brookfield were up for sale. On Friday, my husband, Andrew, and I were in negotiations to buy them."
After the couple assumed ownership of the two facilities in November, Haag set about putting her stamp on the business. The former fitness instructor frequently sits in on - and sometimes teaches - the various cardio-kickboxing and strength and resistance training sessions that Ellipse Fitness offers.
"I'm a very hands-on owner with a passion for fitness that I want my staff to share," she said. "Bad customer service is my biggest pet peeve, so I want my staff of certified fitness professionals to know our members by name."
At Ellipse Fitness, selections include a weight-loss program that consists of custom meal planning, confidential weigh-ins and body fat analysis, and boot camps for extreme strength and cardio conditioning.
"Our goal is to be the best part of our members' day and not something that they dread," Haag said. "Yet, at the same time, they shouldn't have to spend hours a day in the gym to get healthy. I get the most satisfaction when a member comes out of a class dripping sweat, but smiling from ear to ear."
For information on
Ellipse Fitness-Brookfield, email brookfieldwi@
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to email@example.com or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Ellipse Fitness-Brookfield
ADDRESS: 17800 W. Bluemound Road
PHONE: (262) 641-1030
OWNERS: Ashley and Andrew Haag
TYPE OF BUSINESS: health and fitness
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "A healthy you creates a happier you, allowing you a clear mind to follow your bliss."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: As a new business itself, Commerce State Bank can advise other businesses on get
- No job too small adds up to a full-time job
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Treat Street founder went from academia to 'Popcorn Central'
- Business Spotlight: At The Gift Shoppe, the products move and the store stays fresh
- Business Spotlight: City Wide aspires to be a building owner's best friend
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At Salon Medusa, employees stay, and customers come back
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At Walters', a suit is at its best when it's wet
- Business Spotlight: Sensible Gurus of Brookfield understands that peace of mind is knowing your tech
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design
- Business Spotlight: Dianne Gleixner is bringing basket weaving back
- Business Spotlight: Can learning be fun? The owners of The Learning Shop believe it can!
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Getting lost is fun in a Rose's dollhouse
- Business Spotlight: Brookfield business employs 'Olive-ology' to meet customers' expectations
- Business Spotlight: New owner hopes to continue Elm Grove tailoring shop's high standards
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Business Spotlight: Original Pancake House in Brookfield sticks to the tried and true