It started with a report of a dog in the Motel 6 swimming pool and ended with a shirtless, drugged-up man in handcuffs, according to a town of Brookfield police report.
According to the report:
Officers were called to the Motel 6 in the town of Brookfield just after 4 p.m. July 22 because a dog was swimming in the pool.
They found a 29-year-old man and a dog that was not in the water, but appeared wet. The Schofield man insisted it wasn't his dog, but his friends'. When it was determined the man did not have a valid reservation at the motel, he was asked to leave.
In the parking lot, officers noticed a woman leaving Bullwinkle's bar, which is next door, and the Schofield man identified her as the dog's owner. The 35-year-old Oconomowoc woman said the dog belonged to another man who had already left because he was wanted on outstanding warrants.
The woman described the man as having red shorts, no shirt and no shoes.
Police found him hiding in the weeds behind Bullwinkle's. He told officers he'd taken four oxycodone pills, saying he was confessing this because he didn't want to go through withdrawals in jail.
The man was taken to Elmbrook Hospital to be evaluated and was arrested on the outstanding warrants and for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 28
- St. John Vianney receives three 'Exemplary' awards from Archdiocese
- Brookfield, Elmbrook School District may team up on new Internet network
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Elmbrook School District celebrates its first 50 years
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun