In what sounds like the opening scene of a horror movie, city of Brookfield police received a report that four human heads had been found in a garbage bin on the city's west side Oct. 25.
However, responding officers quickly discovered that the report - albeit well-intentioned - was a work of fiction.
According to police reports:
A startled resident reported that a garbage bag containing four human heads had been found in a garbage receptacle behind some businesses in the 12000 bock of Burleigh Road just after 9 a.m. Oct. 25.
After checking a number of garbage bins in the area, an officer was directed to the one in question.
Inside, the officer found a garbage bag containing a deer carcass and hide that had likely been mistaken for human heads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- On the Move: Sept.25
- Elmbrook School District approves 1.7 percent increase for tax levy
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Sept. 25
- New Elm Grove Library director a familiar face
- Brookfield moves slowly on chicken ordinance
- Elmbrook School District 'significantly exceeds expectations' on DPI report card
- Elm Grove chooses beautification award winners
- Setting It Straight: Swanson School teachers
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25, 2014 issue
- In Brief: Brookfield's Wilson Center seeks applications for sculpture contest