In what sounds like the opening scene of a horror movie, city of Brookfield police received a report that four human heads had been found in a garbage bin on the city's west side Oct. 25.
However, responding officers quickly discovered that the report - albeit well-intentioned - was a work of fiction.
According to police reports:
A startled resident reported that a garbage bag containing four human heads had been found in a garbage receptacle behind some businesses in the 12000 bock of Burleigh Road just after 9 a.m. Oct. 25.
After checking a number of garbage bins in the area, an officer was directed to the one in question.
Inside, the officer found a garbage bag containing a deer carcass and hide that had likely been mistaken for human heads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield company sends holiday cheer to troops abroad
- Dixon students learn fire safety
- The Corners gets approval, town funding
- Brookfield likely to renew contract to attract visitors
- Tax case, Sileno talks run up city legal fees
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- City trails ahead in its Greenway path plans
- Former mayor Jeff Speaker will challenge Steve Ponto in Brookfield
- In Our Schools