In what sounds like the opening scene of a horror movie, city of Brookfield police received a report that four human heads had been found in a garbage bin on the city's west side Oct. 25.
However, responding officers quickly discovered that the report - albeit well-intentioned - was a work of fiction.
According to police reports:
A startled resident reported that a garbage bag containing four human heads had been found in a garbage receptacle behind some businesses in the 12000 bock of Burleigh Road just after 9 a.m. Oct. 25.
After checking a number of garbage bins in the area, an officer was directed to the one in question.
Inside, the officer found a garbage bag containing a deer carcass and hide that had likely been mistaken for human heads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town Police warns against fake bills
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Mystery Photo Contest
- Brookfield council advances plans for Lilly Preserve apartment project
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 21
- Elmbrook Humane Society puts on seventh annual Wagfest
- Chick-fil-A celebrates National Lemonade Day with free samples in Brookfield, Greendale
- Brookfield police warn against phone scam
- Elm Grove Library bids farewell to board president
- Man unable to post bail after hearing on ID theft charges involving Elm Grove woman