In what sounds like the opening scene of a horror movie, city of Brookfield police received a report that four human heads had been found in a garbage bin on the city's west side Oct. 25.
However, responding officers quickly discovered that the report - albeit well-intentioned - was a work of fiction.
According to police reports:
A startled resident reported that a garbage bag containing four human heads had been found in a garbage receptacle behind some businesses in the 12000 bock of Burleigh Road just after 9 a.m. Oct. 25.
After checking a number of garbage bins in the area, an officer was directed to the one in question.
Inside, the officer found a garbage bag containing a deer carcass and hide that had likely been mistaken for human heads.
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (8)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)
- Trainer allegedly sexually assaulted client at town of Brookfield fitness center
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- In brief: RR crossing closed (5)