In what sounds like the opening scene of a horror movie, city of Brookfield police received a report that four human heads had been found in a garbage bin on the city's west side Oct. 25.
However, responding officers quickly discovered that the report - albeit well-intentioned - was a work of fiction.
According to police reports:
A startled resident reported that a garbage bag containing four human heads had been found in a garbage receptacle behind some businesses in the 12000 bock of Burleigh Road just after 9 a.m. Oct. 25.
After checking a number of garbage bins in the area, an officer was directed to the one in question.
Inside, the officer found a garbage bag containing a deer carcass and hide that had likely been mistaken for human heads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield mosque, Jewish congregation forge a friendship
- Car repair center's planned move-in has condo owners concerned about noise
- Discount brand name store Ross Dress for Less to open in Brookfield Saturday (1)
- Television personality Giuliana Rancic making appearance in Brookfield
- Chicago restaurant Portillo's to bring first Wisconsin location to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 8
- Bus shelter advertising approved by Brookfield aldermen
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 1
- The Corners, in the town of Brookfield, adds a women's fashion store to its growing list of tenants