In what sounds like the opening scene of a horror movie, city of Brookfield police received a report that four human heads had been found in a garbage bin on the city's west side Oct. 25.
However, responding officers quickly discovered that the report - albeit well-intentioned - was a work of fiction.
According to police reports:
A startled resident reported that a garbage bag containing four human heads had been found in a garbage receptacle behind some businesses in the 12000 bock of Burleigh Road just after 9 a.m. Oct. 25.
After checking a number of garbage bins in the area, an officer was directed to the one in question.
Inside, the officer found a garbage bag containing a deer carcass and hide that had likely been mistaken for human heads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 27
- Brookfield couple's theater company keeps growing
- Brookfield police suspect wallet theft part of organized crime ring
- Elm Grove trustees endorse path as priority
- Elmbrook School District's ACT results reach all-time high (4)
- Elmbrook Humane Society waives certain adoption fees for National Bow Tie Day
- Longtime Elm Grove servant passes away
- Waukesha County endorses Poplar Creek project's conditional use permit
- School Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Brookfield East alumni unite in Madison business