In what sounds like the opening scene of a horror movie, city of Brookfield police received a report that four human heads had been found in a garbage bin on the city's west side Oct. 25.
However, responding officers quickly discovered that the report - albeit well-intentioned - was a work of fiction.
According to police reports:
A startled resident reported that a garbage bag containing four human heads had been found in a garbage receptacle behind some businesses in the 12000 bock of Burleigh Road just after 9 a.m. Oct. 25.
After checking a number of garbage bins in the area, an officer was directed to the one in question.
Inside, the officer found a garbage bag containing a deer carcass and hide that had likely been mistaken for human heads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village of Brookfield proposal draws out divergent opinions, pro and con, at hearing
- Brookfield Christian's Ryan Dekker named Teacher of the Year by local radio station
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Council: Smaller setback is enough for City Lights
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- Officials concerned over amount of retail on Bluemound (3)
- Brookfield criticizes state Hotel and Lodging Association proposal
- Brookfield chicken amendment moves on