District 1 Alderman Daniel Sutton will not face any penalties from the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office for failing to properly label his campaign literature.
Sutton was informed Wednesday of his fate after his opponent, former judge Richard Steinberg, filed a complaint stating Sutton failed to disclose who paid for campaign fliers and pamphlets.
Penalties up to a $500 fine were possible, but according to Sutton, he was told simply to be mindful of the rules. Sutton says he has already stamped the rest of his literature and will be in full compliance moving forward.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth