District 1 Alderman Daniel Sutton will not face any penalties from the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office for failing to properly label his campaign literature.
Sutton was informed Wednesday of his fate after his opponent, former judge Richard Steinberg, filed a complaint stating Sutton failed to disclose who paid for campaign fliers and pamphlets.
Penalties up to a $500 fine were possible, but according to Sutton, he was told simply to be mindful of the rules. Sutton says he has already stamped the rest of his literature and will be in full compliance moving forward.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local author reads to Swanson students, providing comfort for those suffering through 'Gobble' monst
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Landmark Eble Barn demolished
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 25
- Gold Out brings community together
- Elm Grove looks at pair of new pathways
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- On the Move: Sept.25
- Elmbrook School District approves 1.7 percent increase for tax levy