District 1 Alderman Daniel Sutton will not face any penalties from the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office for failing to properly label his campaign literature.
Sutton was informed Wednesday of his fate after his opponent, former judge Richard Steinberg, filed a complaint stating Sutton failed to disclose who paid for campaign fliers and pamphlets.
Penalties up to a $500 fine were possible, but according to Sutton, he was told simply to be mindful of the rules. Sutton says he has already stamped the rest of his literature and will be in full compliance moving forward.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area residents invited to join fight against paralysis
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- On The Move: Jan 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Residents invited to explore Germany
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered