District 1 Alderman Daniel Sutton will not face any penalties from the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office for failing to properly label his campaign literature.
Sutton was informed Wednesday of his fate after his opponent, former judge Richard Steinberg, filed a complaint stating Sutton failed to disclose who paid for campaign fliers and pamphlets.
Penalties up to a $500 fine were possible, but according to Sutton, he was told simply to be mindful of the rules. Sutton says he has already stamped the rest of his literature and will be in full compliance moving forward.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 23
- Brookfield police warn of scams, warm weather crime
- Brookfield couple charged in child neglect case pleads not guilty
- Brookfield council postpones decision on bus shelters