Hundreds of thousands of dollars in jewelry were taken from a home on Bradford Lane on Oct. 21, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
A man reported that his wife returned to their home in the 21000 block of Bradford Lane to discover that it had been broken into between 11 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Oct. 21.
It appears the perpetrator gained entry through an unlocked back door and made away with $200,000 in men's and women's jewelry and about $500 in cash.
The home is outfitted with a burglary alarm, but it was not activated at the time of the burglary.
Capt. Jim Adlam said investigation into the case continues.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 23
- Brookfield police warn of scams, warm weather crime
- Brookfield couple charged in child neglect case pleads not guilty
- Brookfield council postpones decision on bus shelters