Hundreds of thousands of dollars in jewelry were taken from a home on Bradford Lane on Oct. 21, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
A man reported that his wife returned to their home in the 21000 block of Bradford Lane to discover that it had been broken into between 11 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Oct. 21.
It appears the perpetrator gained entry through an unlocked back door and made away with $200,000 in men's and women's jewelry and about $500 in cash.
The home is outfitted with a burglary alarm, but it was not activated at the time of the burglary.
Capt. Jim Adlam said investigation into the case continues.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Soil samples taken at Pilgrim and Gebhardt in Brookfield
- Brookfield autumn Parks & Rec registration approaching
- Unity Center of Light church looking to put down roots in Brookfield
- Bus shelters topic coming back to Brookfield
- School Notes: Sept. 3
- Brookfield Library Friends continue support efforts
- Senior Meals: Sept. 3
- Kinseth Hospitality to break ground on new hotel in town of Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield Hobby Lobby store set for grand opening (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 3