A partially decomposed body was found under bushes on the east side of the UPS building, 12400 W. Bluemound Road, about 3:20 p.m. Sunday, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Elm Grove police responded to the scene, but determined the dead body, about 150 yards east of the UPS access road, was just over the border, in Wauwatosa, the report states. Officers from both departments taped off the area.
Elm Grove Assistant Police Chief Jason Hennen said Elm Grove officers were not further involved in the case, which was taken over by Wauwatosa police.
The Wauwatosa Police Department had no formal police report on the incident as of 10:30 a.m. except a "dead on arrival" call from officers who were dispatched Sunday, said Karla Ordal, records clerk.
Neither Police Chief Barry Weber nor Lt. Christopher Fox could be reached for comment.
NOW will post more information if it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- On the Move: Sept. 11
- Elmbrook School District sees increase in residential students, enrollment
- Moorland Road makeover in Brookfield is on the horizon
- Elmbrook Senior Taxi service seeks increased funding
- Business Notes: Sept.11
- 27 Brookfield students named National Merit semifinalists
- Brookfield East 50th reunion leaves lasting memories
- Irgens gets Brookfield Plan Commission's OK on revised proposal for The Corridor
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Is River Birch Drive a public trail or a private drive?
- School News: Sept. 11