A partially decomposed body was found under bushes on the east side of the UPS building, 12400 W. Bluemound Road, about 3:20 p.m. Sunday, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Elm Grove police responded to the scene, but determined the dead body, about 150 yards east of the UPS access road, was just over the border, in Wauwatosa, the report states. Officers from both departments taped off the area.
Elm Grove Assistant Police Chief Jason Hennen said Elm Grove officers were not further involved in the case, which was taken over by Wauwatosa police.
The Wauwatosa Police Department had no formal police report on the incident as of 10:30 a.m. except a "dead on arrival" call from officers who were dispatched Sunday, said Karla Ordal, records clerk.
Neither Police Chief Barry Weber nor Lt. Christopher Fox could be reached for comment.
NOW will post more information if it becomes available.
- Elm Grove and AT&T still in a standoff over Watertown Plank bridge (1)
- Kathryn Martin named interim president of the Wilson Center
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ex-Milwaukee Tool employee accused of burglary from Brookfield company
- Brookfield's Borkowski to spend summer touring with Kids from Wisconsin
- In Brief: No truth to rumors that Elm Grove Sendik's will close, village president says
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: May 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes; May 5