Burleigh Elementary School has a new principal.
The Elmbrook School District announced Christian Pleister would be the new principal during its board meeting July 15.
Pleister served as principal of Canterbury Elementary School in the Greendale School District for the past six years. Prior to Canterbury, Pleister was a special education teacher for nine years in the Milwaukee and Whitefish Bay public school districts.
"Through a rigorous interview process, Mr. Pleister emerged as an instructional leader who has worked collaboratively with stakeholders to establish high expectations and a deep commitment to all students learning," said Mark Hansen, superintendent of the Elmbrook School District, in a news release. "Christian's experience and understanding of current Elmbrook initiatives such as literacy, personalized learning and response to intervention will help him hit the ground running as he transitions to Burleigh Elementary."
The selection of Pleister came after an extensive process that included the review of more than 100 applications by a selection committee comprised of Elmbrook School District staff.
Pleister's began his new role as Burleigh principal on July 16.
"I am honored to have the opportunity to lead the students and staff at Burleigh Elementary," Pleister said. "I look forward to learning more about the rich history at Burleigh and engaging the talented staff and students, as well as the dedicated parents, in building our future together."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove Police and Fire Departments respond to house fire
- Are you affected by the Milwaukee bus strike? Brookfield Now wants to hear from Gold Line commuters
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- In Brief: Tour le Jardin is coming July 18
- Brookfield water main break causes closure of Lilly Road
- Town of Brookfield denies two sign requests (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 2 (1)
- Five things to know about trains in Brookfield (1)
- Town of Brookfield once again considers Poplar Creek proposal (1)
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?