Burleigh Elementary School has a new principal.
The Elmbrook School District announced Christian Pleister would be the new principal during its board meeting July 15.
Pleister served as principal of Canterbury Elementary School in the Greendale School District for the past six years. Prior to Canterbury, Pleister was a special education teacher for nine years in the Milwaukee and Whitefish Bay public school districts.
"Through a rigorous interview process, Mr. Pleister emerged as an instructional leader who has worked collaboratively with stakeholders to establish high expectations and a deep commitment to all students learning," said Mark Hansen, superintendent of the Elmbrook School District, in a news release. "Christian's experience and understanding of current Elmbrook initiatives such as literacy, personalized learning and response to intervention will help him hit the ground running as he transitions to Burleigh Elementary."
The selection of Pleister came after an extensive process that included the review of more than 100 applications by a selection committee comprised of Elmbrook School District staff.
Pleister's began his new role as Burleigh principal on July 16.
"I am honored to have the opportunity to lead the students and staff at Burleigh Elementary," Pleister said. "I look forward to learning more about the rich history at Burleigh and engaging the talented staff and students, as well as the dedicated parents, in building our future together."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- Tap dancing in high school? 'Anything Goes' in Brookfield Academy's spring musical
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- OSHA says drill rig involved in construction worker's death
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Business Spotlight: Can learning be fun? The owners of The Learning Shop believe it can!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- In Our Schools: March 5