Christ the Lord Evangelical Lutheran Church is planning several improvements to its site at 1640 N. Brookfield Road.
The Plan Commission on Monday agreed to schedule a public hearing about the church's plan to demolish a house on the eastern portion of the property and move its school playground there, replace the existing playground with a parking lot and change the landscaping.
The church wants to take down 16 large spruce trees in order to open the view to the site. Church officials said they do not want to replace the trees.
Planning Administrator Michael Theis said replacement of the trees will need to be discussed further and plans reconciled prior to scheduling a public hearing.
A neighborhood meeting and public hearing will be scheduled, likely within the next two months.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Penelope's in Elm Grove, with its varied menu, thrives in the heart of the villag
- Weekly Planner: Oct 2
- Elm Grove family key to Vietnam program
- Brookfield church using a game to decrease environmental impact
- In wake of theft spree, Brookfield police give gym safety tips
- Business Notes: Oct. 2
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 2
- Town of Brookfield plays a waiting game on The Corners
- Brookfield dog rescue operation tries to find a place in life for every dog
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?