Christ the Lord Evangelical Lutheran Church is planning several improvements to its site at 1640 N. Brookfield Road.
The Plan Commission on Monday agreed to schedule a public hearing about the church's plan to demolish a house on the eastern portion of the property and move its school playground there, replace the existing playground with a parking lot and change the landscaping.
The church wants to take down 16 large spruce trees in order to open the view to the site. Church officials said they do not want to replace the trees.
Planning Administrator Michael Theis said replacement of the trees will need to be discussed further and plans reconciled prior to scheduling a public hearing.
A neighborhood meeting and public hearing will be scheduled, likely within the next two months.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield East students spend four days out in the wilderness for 'Trees For Tomorrow' workshop
- Fairview South's Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for wheelchair-accessible van
- Brookfield, Elm Grove governments give more to senior taxi service
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Nov. 20
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 20
- In Brief: Swanson scouts begin toy drive for Children's Hospital
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Irgens opens TIF talks in Brookfield, gets approval on other steps
- Brookfield delays financial assistance decision as Aldermen request more information
- Brookfield's 2015 budget unanimously approved