Christ the Lord Evangelical Lutheran Church is planning several improvements to its site at 1640 N. Brookfield Road.
The Plan Commission on Monday agreed to schedule a public hearing about the church's plan to demolish a house on the eastern portion of the property and move its school playground there, replace the existing playground with a parking lot and change the landscaping.
The church wants to take down 16 large spruce trees in order to open the view to the site. Church officials said they do not want to replace the trees.
Planning Administrator Michael Theis said replacement of the trees will need to be discussed further and plans reconciled prior to scheduling a public hearing.
A neighborhood meeting and public hearing will be scheduled, likely within the next two months.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove Police and Fire Departments respond to house fire
- Are you affected by the Milwaukee bus strike? Brookfield Now wants to hear from Gold Line commuters
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- In Brief: Tour le Jardin is coming July 18
- Brookfield water main break causes closure of Lilly Road
- Town of Brookfield denies two sign requests (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 2 (1)
- Five things to know about trains in Brookfield (1)
- Town of Brookfield once again considers Poplar Creek proposal
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?