Christ the Lord Evangelical Lutheran Church is planning several improvements to its site at 1640 N. Brookfield Road.
The Plan Commission on Monday agreed to schedule a public hearing about the church's plan to demolish a house on the eastern portion of the property and move its school playground there, replace the existing playground with a parking lot and change the landscaping.
The church wants to take down 16 large spruce trees in order to open the view to the site. Church officials said they do not want to replace the trees.
Planning Administrator Michael Theis said replacement of the trees will need to be discussed further and plans reconciled prior to scheduling a public hearing.
A neighborhood meeting and public hearing will be scheduled, likely within the next two months.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 11
- Brookfield plan commission recommends approval of Milwaukee Tool public financing (1)
- In Brief: Alleged shooter in drive-by shooting pleads not guilty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 11
- Brookfield woman with Down Syndrome aims for independence
- Grasch family to retire from grocery business; Brookfield store to be taken over by Sendik's (2)
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market? (3)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield plans improvement to outdoor dining