Christ the Lord Evangelical Lutheran Church is planning several improvements to its site at 1640 N. Brookfield Road.
The Plan Commission on Monday agreed to schedule a public hearing about the church's plan to demolish a house on the eastern portion of the property and move its school playground there, replace the existing playground with a parking lot and change the landscaping.
The church wants to take down 16 large spruce trees in order to open the view to the site. Church officials said they do not want to replace the trees.
Planning Administrator Michael Theis said replacement of the trees will need to be discussed further and plans reconciled prior to scheduling a public hearing.
A neighborhood meeting and public hearing will be scheduled, likely within the next two months.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Residents, officials pleased with improvements at Calhoun Road railroad crossing in Brookfield (5)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Brief: Elm Grove Library hosting a celebration of supper clubs
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 30
- Interactive: Brookfield residents unsatisfied by reduced levels of lighting at Golf Parkway (9)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 30
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30