Chiropractic office helps patients live without pain
Knapp offers range of services, gives patients choices
Nicole Knapp, D.C., bristles when she hears mainstream medicine touted as a cure-all, and wishes more patients knew of alternative remedies to their ailments.
"It's a shame so many people think that the path to good health is lined with antibiotics, pills and surgery," said Knapp, owner of Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center. "A lot of chiropractors are into pain management, too, but we focus instead on prevention and living well."
Located in Brookfield, Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness treats patients who range in age from newborns to geriatric, with services that include adjustments and manipulation, electrical muscle stimulation and massage therapies.
Knapp also practices what she calls a little-used, but effective form of manipulation for patients with back issues.
"I'm one of only a few chiropractors in the area who does spinal decompression for people who suffer from herniated and bulging discs and sciatica," said Knapp, who opened her practice in February after serving as an associate to two other chiropractors over the previous five years. "I recently read a report that only 36 percent of patients who had back surgery were satisfied with the results - compared to 80 percent who sought chiropractic relief from their back problems. Spinal decompression is a great alternative to surgery."
Before beginning any treatment plan, Knapp said, she puts new patients through full orthopedic and neurological exams. While some of her patients subsequently only want a quick adjustment, she sees most on a weekly basis.
"In my office, the patients are in control of their health," Knapp said. "I don't take insurance, so I can fully concentrate on their needs, rather than run through them like numbers. They tell me what they want to achieve, and then I educate them on the best ways to reach those goals. Whether they want to regularly exercise or just be able to sit at work without experiencing pain, my job is to help them live a long, healthy life."
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center, Inc.
ADDRESS: 280 Regency Court, Suite 100, Brookfield, WI 53045
PHONE: (262) 796-5108
OWNER: Nicole Knapp, D.C.
TYPE OF BUSINESS: Chiropractic Clinic
PEARLS OF WISDOM: Your health does not get better by chance and quick fixes, it gets better by change and lifestyle choices
- Business Spotlight: Bar Stars Bartending aims to put party hosts at ease
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Hairstylist brings an art background to her work
- Business Spotlight: A hobby became a business for yarn shop founders
- Business Spotlight: FirstLight Home Care
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Alli Troutman's veterinary clinic strives to be a place animals love
- Business Spotlight: A love of art and a love of space inspired architect's career choice
- Business Spotlight: Quilt shop was an opportunity they couldn't pass up
- Business Spotlight: Friends combined their talents to found Snapdragon Flowers of Elm Grove
- Business Spotlight: Family roots run deep at Biloba Brewing Co.
- Business Spotlight: Sheri Bauer wants to heal others like she healed herself
- Business Spotlight: Wayde Peronto's business takes pictures, and gives back
- Business Spotlight: North Star Catering takes the restaurant into the community
- Business Spotlight: A Savvy Bride in Brookfield strives to make a perfect day
- Business Spotlight: Jamie Durner sought fulfillment, and now helps others do the same
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At the Fun Kids Dentist, the fun starts at age 1
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Demand is strong at Self Storage of Goerkes Corners
- Business Spotlight: 3 realtors in 3 communities broadens the appeal
- Business Spotlight: Bowling is about families, including the Posnanski family at Bluemound Bowl
- Business Spotlight: Workout efficiency is stressed at Fitness Revolution