Chiropractic office helps patients live without pain
Knapp offers range of services, gives patients choices
Nicole Knapp, D.C., bristles when she hears mainstream medicine touted as a cure-all, and wishes more patients knew of alternative remedies to their ailments.
"It's a shame so many people think that the path to good health is lined with antibiotics, pills and surgery," said Knapp, owner of Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center. "A lot of chiropractors are into pain management, too, but we focus instead on prevention and living well."
Located in Brookfield, Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness treats patients who range in age from newborns to geriatric, with services that include adjustments and manipulation, electrical muscle stimulation and massage therapies.
Knapp also practices what she calls a little-used, but effective form of manipulation for patients with back issues.
"I'm one of only a few chiropractors in the area who does spinal decompression for people who suffer from herniated and bulging discs and sciatica," said Knapp, who opened her practice in February after serving as an associate to two other chiropractors over the previous five years. "I recently read a report that only 36 percent of patients who had back surgery were satisfied with the results - compared to 80 percent who sought chiropractic relief from their back problems. Spinal decompression is a great alternative to surgery."
Before beginning any treatment plan, Knapp said, she puts new patients through full orthopedic and neurological exams. While some of her patients subsequently only want a quick adjustment, she sees most on a weekly basis.
"In my office, the patients are in control of their health," Knapp said. "I don't take insurance, so I can fully concentrate on their needs, rather than run through them like numbers. They tell me what they want to achieve, and then I educate them on the best ways to reach those goals. Whether they want to regularly exercise or just be able to sit at work without experiencing pain, my job is to help them live a long, healthy life."
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center, Inc.
ADDRESS: 280 Regency Court, Suite 100, Brookfield, WI 53045
PHONE: (262) 796-5108
OWNER: Nicole Knapp, D.C.
TYPE OF BUSINESS: Chiropractic Clinic
PEARLS OF WISDOM: Your health does not get better by chance and quick fixes, it gets better by change and lifestyle choices
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Bowling is about families, including the Posnanski family at Bluemound Bowl
- Business Spotlight: Workout efficiency is stressed at Fitness Revolution
- Business Spotlight: Skiin brings science to bear on cosmetic improvements
- Business Spotlight: Commerce State Bank knows its way around business growth
- No job too small adds up to a full-time job
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Treat Street founder went from academia to 'Popcorn Central'
- Business Spotlight: At The Gift Shoppe, the products move and the store stays fresh
- Business Spotlight: City Wide aspires to be a building owner's best friend
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At Salon Medusa, employees stay, and customers come back
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At Walters', a suit is at its best when it's wet
- Business Spotlight: Sensible Gurus of Brookfield understands that peace of mind is knowing your tech
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design
- Business Spotlight: Dianne Gleixner is bringing basket weaving back
- Business Spotlight: Can learning be fun? The owners of The Learning Shop believe it can!
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Getting lost is fun in a Rose's dollhouse
- Business Spotlight: Brookfield business employs 'Olive-ology' to meet customers' expectations