Chiropractic office helps patients live without pain
Knapp offers range of services, gives patients choices
Nicole Knapp, D.C., bristles when she hears mainstream medicine touted as a cure-all, and wishes more patients knew of alternative remedies to their ailments.
"It's a shame so many people think that the path to good health is lined with antibiotics, pills and surgery," said Knapp, owner of Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center. "A lot of chiropractors are into pain management, too, but we focus instead on prevention and living well."
Located in Brookfield, Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness treats patients who range in age from newborns to geriatric, with services that include adjustments and manipulation, electrical muscle stimulation and massage therapies.
Knapp also practices what she calls a little-used, but effective form of manipulation for patients with back issues.
"I'm one of only a few chiropractors in the area who does spinal decompression for people who suffer from herniated and bulging discs and sciatica," said Knapp, who opened her practice in February after serving as an associate to two other chiropractors over the previous five years. "I recently read a report that only 36 percent of patients who had back surgery were satisfied with the results - compared to 80 percent who sought chiropractic relief from their back problems. Spinal decompression is a great alternative to surgery."
Before beginning any treatment plan, Knapp said, she puts new patients through full orthopedic and neurological exams. While some of her patients subsequently only want a quick adjustment, she sees most on a weekly basis.
"In my office, the patients are in control of their health," Knapp said. "I don't take insurance, so I can fully concentrate on their needs, rather than run through them like numbers. They tell me what they want to achieve, and then I educate them on the best ways to reach those goals. Whether they want to regularly exercise or just be able to sit at work without experiencing pain, my job is to help them live a long, healthy life."
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to email@example.com or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center, Inc.
ADDRESS: 280 Regency Court, Suite 100, Brookfield, WI 53045
PHONE: (262) 796-5108
OWNER: Nicole Knapp, D.C.
TYPE OF BUSINESS: Chiropractic Clinic
PEARLS OF WISDOM: Your health does not get better by chance and quick fixes, it gets better by change and lifestyle choices
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Enhancing Light Cosmetic Laser comes to Elm Grove
- Matt Schultz's search for a franchise was led by the heart
- Retirement just didn't pan out for Pro Cast's owner
- Halen Homes young, but making mark
- Freedom Physical Therapy triples clinic size
- Drove over your cell phone? CPR may help
- Spring Bank risked weak economy but won big
- Having a party? Don't fret, decorative tableware rentals available
- Brand personality key to architecture
- Science, intuition work together at Campione Chiropractic
- All-natural, fresh made cookies are staple at Sweet!
- Dental practice remembers motto: 'Never treat a stranger'
- Geary Dentistry on cutting edge of dental techniques
- Success brewing at Fava Tea in Brookfield
- Decision to strike out on his own pays off for LePoidevin Marketing head
- E-Freight Courier service stands out with niche market, high standards
- United Driving School has personal approach to teaching students
- United Driving School aims for safe, confident motorists