Shaun Simpson, a homeless man who was staying at the Motel 6 in Brookfield when police arrested him for getting in a fist fight, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Oct. 14 with substantial battery harm, disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.
If found guilty, he could face a maximum sentence of 4-1/2 years in prison and fines up to $21,000.
According to the criminal complaint, Simpson argued about money with his roommate at Motel 6, 20300 W. Bluemound Road, mid-day Oct. 11.
Simpson allegedly struck the man several times, and slammed the other man's phone to the ground when he tried to call police.
Simpson's preliminary hearing is Oct. 31.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Grab a Bite: Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Brookfield Central students raise money, awareness for peer with brain cancer
- Brookfield Square plans emphasize light, outside entrances
- On the Move: Dec. 12
- Brookfield firefighters reunite with baby born at Goerke's Corners Park & Ride
- Former Brass owner reminisces in new book
- Anti-aging spa coming to Elm Grove in January
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Sensenbrenner tells Brookfield Republicans flag should not have been lowered for Mandela