Former coaches named to the Waukesha South High School Coaches' Wall of Fame have earned outstanding success during their years at the school.
Recently Phil Cibik, the late Bob Duckett and Ken Hollub were given their place of honor on that wall. Cibik won the Suburban Conference Swimming title all seven years he was the head coach.
Duckett, who died in 2007, was named head basketball coach in l952. In his nine years as head coach, his teams had a 163-46 record, won six Suburban Conference Championships and appeared at the state tournament in Madison three times.
Hollub coached at Waukesha from 1955 to 1976. His Blackshirts won WIAA state championships in 1966, '67, '68, '69, '70 and '72.
Lorayne Ritt covers Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send an email to email@example.com.
- County exec presents awards
- Pewaukee chamber goes Hollywood
- A maddening crowd
- Interfaith Senior Programs helping people age with dignity
- Oconomowoc Woman's Club Ladies' Night Out
- Wine & Whiskers
- Safe Babies Healthy Families Sweetheart Fashion Show
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Delafield Chamber of Commerce Pink Tie Gala
- A celebration of support for The Women's Center
- Elmbrook Education Association Ladies Night Out
- The 14th annual Hope Center Thanksgiving Dinner
- Interfaith Caregiving Network fish fry
- Close to Home: Boy Scouts of America Starlight Serenade
- Oconomowoc Woman's Club luncheon
- When wine equals water
- The power of women
- Caring for those in need
- I Back Jack Foundation
- 'Margaritaville' benefits free clinic