Traffic is being restricted to one lane on a section of Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa to allow for bridge work over the Menomonee River Parkway.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is re-decking a bridge, so traffic will be down to one lane westbound on Capitol between Mayfair Road and Highway 45. Lane closures are expected to last four to five months.
During the bridge work, the Menomonee River Parkway will be closed to vehicles at the bridge. However, pedestrian and bicycle access will be allowed through the work site in a safe, restricted area.
Beginning in April, road work will restrict traffic in both directions on Capitol Drive from Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa to Brookfield until project completion in November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village of Brookfield proposal draws out divergent opinions, pro and con, at hearing
- Brookfield Christian's Ryan Dekker named Teacher of the Year by local radio station
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Council: Smaller setback is enough for City Lights
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- Officials concerned over amount of retail on Bluemound (3)
- Brookfield criticizes state Hotel and Lodging Association proposal
- Brookfield chicken amendment moves on