Traffic is being restricted to one lane on a section of Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa to allow for bridge work over the Menomonee River Parkway.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is re-decking a bridge, so traffic will be down to one lane westbound on Capitol between Mayfair Road and Highway 45. Lane closures are expected to last four to five months.
During the bridge work, the Menomonee River Parkway will be closed to vehicles at the bridge. However, pedestrian and bicycle access will be allowed through the work site in a safe, restricted area.
Beginning in April, road work will restrict traffic in both directions on Capitol Drive from Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa to Brookfield until project completion in November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother, daughter create worldwide fundraiser
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Loaded handgun taken from unlocked car in Brookfield
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Water main project in Elm Grove could cause delays
- In Our Schools: May 20
- News & Notes: May 20