Motorists should prepare to take alternate routes Wednesday morning as Canadian Pacific performs repair work on a railroad track in Brookfield.
The city said on its website that Canadian Pacific is scheduled to repair a defect in the north crossing on Calhoun Road on Jan. 9. Calhoun Road will be closed to all traffic at the crossing from 9 a.m. to noon.
The city said the railroad company was asked to place advance notice signs several days prior to alert the public.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save teeth, help troops
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Planner: Oct. 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Brief: Oct. 30
- Nov. 4 ballot features six contested races
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's 'Peter Pan' fall musical
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 30
- Elm Grove levy projected to increase 1.03 percent