From OCB to BW3, the Brookfield Plan Commission approved an agreement between the city and Buffalo Wild Wings to fill the Old Country Buffet site, 16750 W. Bluemound Road, with the chain wings restaurant.
The plans include an outdoor patio and considerable changes to the building's façade.
Commissioners showed considerable support for the project given the popularity of the restaurant and its reputation for chicken wings served up in a diverse array of sauces.
Recommendation of the altered operation plans Monday is just the first step of many in the process. The Common Council will vote on the operation plan Tuesday, and significant changes to the building's appearance and signage also will need to be reviewed and approved by the council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield to host hazardous waste collection June 1
- Business Calendar: May 16-29
- Elmbrook School District likely to cut 25-30 positions
- Brookfield mother, daughter create worldwide fundraiser to help Boston Marathon victims
- Police report: May 21
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Loaded handgun taken from unlocked car in Brookfield
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition