From OCB to BW3, the Brookfield Plan Commission approved an agreement between the city and Buffalo Wild Wings to fill the Old Country Buffet site, 16750 W. Bluemound Road, with the chain wings restaurant.
The plans include an outdoor patio and considerable changes to the building's façade.
Commissioners showed considerable support for the project given the popularity of the restaurant and its reputation for chicken wings served up in a diverse array of sauces.
Recommendation of the altered operation plans Monday is just the first step of many in the process. The Common Council will vote on the operation plan Tuesday, and significant changes to the building's appearance and signage also will need to be reviewed and approved by the council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man charged with fleeing Brookfield police making drunken driving stop
- City: Drinking water is safe despite contamination warning
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center
- Guaranty Bank in Brookfield robbed
- Auditors draw different conclusions on Azana spa shooter case
- Residents wait for answers on cell tower
- Business owners launch school funding initiative
- Elmbrook students honor most influential teachers
- St. John Vianney celebrates year's end with Grills and Guitars
- High school seniors can leave building during study hall period