Aiming to provide detailed information about Brookfield and other communities through an interactive platform, Brookfield native Sanjay Kuttemperoor has launched WikiRealty, a mobile and web app that allows those in the real estate industry to exchange information with each other and people looking to move.
Kuttemperoor, whose father, Vincent, is the CEO of V.K. Development Corp., said the free app will allow developers, businesses, school districts and residents to post pertinent information about their communities to give people a better idea of where they might want to buy a home or business.
Billed as a "virtual water cooler," the app crowdsources such information by relying on users to submit questions and answers and add tips.
"If you are coming from California and want to buy a piece of property, if you go to the existing sites, they only give you objective data, like the location, number of bathrooms and bedrooms," Kuttemperoor said. "It does not give you subjective data, like there is a supermarket within two miles, road construction happening for the next two years, a new school is opening in the district."
Kuttemperoor said he and his family are launching the platform after years of searching for subjective information online and coming up short. V.K. Development Corp. has completed several projects locally, including Willow Brook Greens Apartments and Capitol Hill Senior Apartments.
"As veterans in the real estate industry, we have always been bothered by the fact that getting access to reliable and current location-based granular information in the industry is a difficult, inefficient and unproductive process," Kuttemperoor said in an email.
The app has been launched in three Florida neighborhoods, where Kuttemperoor now lives, and the Milwaukee area as testing grounds before further expansion. Kuttemperoor sees it eventually going international.
Searching for Brookfield on the site March 23 yielded six discussion points, which mostly included posts from the Kuttemperoor family about various living options in the city. In other communities, questions and tips hit on topics like the "real crime rate," business openings and local green energy incentives for builders.
The app is available at wikirealty.com.
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (6)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Business Spotlight: When things aren't working right, hormone therapy may be called for