Police found a 23-year-old Brookfield man pulled over, drooling, on the side of Highway 16 in Pewaukee on April 12, after allegedly combining an anti-anxiety medication with morphine and heroin.
Jake J. Lecher was charged April 15 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with possession of narcotic drugs, possession of an illegally obtained prescription and driving a motor vehicle while intoxicated, second offense.
According to the criminal complaint:
A Waukesha County Sheriff's deputy was dispatched to the area of Highway 16 and Ryan Road after the department received reports of a vehicle swerving and driving at a slow pace.
The deputy found the vehicle parked in the merge zone between the two roads and found Lecher hunched over the wheel, red-eyed and appearing to have been drooling. The driver's speech was extremely slow and lethargic.
Lecher told the officer he did not drink any alcohol but had taken Xanax and alprazolam, both anxiety medications. He said he usually took three Xanax a day but that day had taken six.
Lecher failed several field sobriety tests and was placed under arrest for drugged driving. In his pocket was a prescription bottle containing alprazolam prescribed to "Tracy Smith." He said the pill bottle belonged to a friend of his and admitted he had taken three pills.
In Lecher's vehicle the officer found several pieces of drug paraphernalia, including syringes and cotton balls, as well as 0.20 grams of heroin hidden in a gum wrapper.
A blood test was administered and Lecher told police he did not get any sleep that day and had taken alprazolam, heroin and morphine in the past 24 hours.
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (13)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (5)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Business Spotlight: When things aren't working right, hormone therapy may be called for
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of April 25