Joshua P. Klawikowski of Brookfield, 21, faces a single count of second-degree recklessly endangering safety, a felony that carries a maximum jail sentence of 10 years. Klawikowki made an initial appearance in court on November 14, where he was ordered to maintain absolute sobriety.
According to the criminal complaint:
The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office received several 911 calls Nov. 10 reporting that a car was traveling south in the northbound lanes of Interstate 43.
Klawikowski was seen on Department of Transportation cameras in a black car driving at speeds that topped 100 mph, narrowly missing oncoming cars and trucks. A sheriff's deputy drove parallel to Klawikowski in the northbound lanes and shone his light at him in an attempt to pull him over, but Klawikoski continued driving, weaving through a construction zone on Interstate 94 at Drexel Avenue.
Klawikowski made a U-turn at Ryan Road and was pulled over by sheriff's deputies south of College Avenue at 2:30 a.m. Saturday November 10. When asked if he knew where he was, he looked around, saw an Amtrak sign and said he was at the train station.
Preliminary blood tests showed Klawikowski had a blood-alcohol content of 0.18.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Gotta Have Heart fundraiser, healthy grocery shopping and more
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Creating interesting experiences is a risky business, and the Wilson
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 23
- Things to do in Brookfield and Elm Grove: April 23
- Elmbrook student, teacher named 2015 Herb Kohl Excellence Scholarship and Fellowship recipients
- Learning Rx: Brookfield East students compete in Moody's Mega Math Challenge and win honorable menti
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 16
- Brookfield looks to put finishing touches on 124th Street Commerce District (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 16