No injuries were reported, but 14 homes were evacuated when firefighters responded to a natural gas leak in the 4600 block of North 147th Street about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday.
The gas leaked from an underground main into area homes. We Energies turned off the gas to 14 homes, and five homes lost power.
Sixteen city of Brookfield firefighters helped We Energies ventilate the affected homes, and residents were able to return home about 3 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- School for special needs children coming to Brookfield
- Elmbrook Humane Society to collect much-needed items at 'Thank Dog It's Friday' event
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: July 9
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: July 9
- Elm Grove Police and Fire Departments respond to house fire
- Are you affected by the Milwaukee bus strike? Brookfield Now wants to hear from Gold Line commuters
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- In Brief: Tour le Jardin is coming July 18
- Brookfield water main break causes closure of Lilly Road
- Town of Brookfield denies two sign requests (1)