No injuries were reported, but 14 homes were evacuated when firefighters responded to a natural gas leak in the 4600 block of North 147th Street about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday.
The gas leaked from an underground main into area homes. We Energies turned off the gas to 14 homes, and five homes lost power.
Sixteen city of Brookfield firefighters helped We Energies ventilate the affected homes, and residents were able to return home about 3 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Council approves key steps for luxury apartment project
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Brookfield Central alum publishes first book
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center