No injuries were reported, but 14 homes were evacuated when firefighters responded to a natural gas leak in the 4600 block of North 147th Street about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday.
The gas leaked from an underground main into area homes. We Energies turned off the gas to 14 homes, and five homes lost power.
Sixteen city of Brookfield firefighters helped We Energies ventilate the affected homes, and residents were able to return home about 3 p.m.
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (8)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)
- Trainer allegedly sexually assaulted client at town of Brookfield fitness center
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- In brief: RR crossing closed (5)