Local election results in the Republican primary for the U.S. Senate somewhat mirrored statewide counts. Voter turnout was 30 percent in the city of Brookfield and 40 percent in the village of Elm Grove. The town's results were not available at NOW's deadline.
Unofficial totals as of Aug. 15:
In the city of Brookfield, Tommy Thompson garnered 3,433 votes to 3,133 for Eric Hovde, 1,620 for Jeff Fitzgerald and 1,150 for Mark Neumann.
In Elm Grove, Thompson narrowly edged out Hovde, 700 to 668. Fitzgerald garnered 245 while 201 voted for Neumann.
Thompson took the state as well.
Assembly District 13
In the Republican primary for Assembly District 13, Rob Hutton received 1,660 votes from Brookfield and 1,000 from Elm Grove. Thomas Schellinger received 767 votes from Brookfield and 537 from Elm Grove. Nate Ristow received 238 votes from Brookfield and 109 from Elm Grove.
Hutton won the state.
For the Republican primary for county clerk, Kathleen Novack won in both communities, garnering 2,581 in Brookfield. The rest of the vote totals in Brookfield were Gina Kozlik with 2,135, and Kathleen J. Karalewitz with 1,628.
Novack garnered 522 in Elm Grove, Kozlik 344 and Karalewitz 277. Novack won the overall primary.
Register of deeds
In the Republican primary for county register of deeds, Michael Starich received 2,231 votes in Brookfield while Jim Behrend garnered 2,093 and Barbara Larsen-Lloyd, 1,583.
In Elm Grove, Behrend received the most votes with 398 to 380 for Starich and 299 for Larsen-Lloyd. Behrend won the overall primary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District likely to cut 25-30 positions
- Brookfield mother, daughter create worldwide fundraiser to help Boston Marathon victims
- Police report: May 21
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Loaded handgun taken from unlocked car in Brookfield
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Water main project in Elm Grove could cause delays
- In Our Schools: May 20