still enrolling for the fall
Brookfield Academy (pre-kindergarten through 12th grade) is still enrolling for the fall semester.
Openings are available at several grade levels.
The academy is located at 3460 N. Brookfield Road. For a tour and more information, contact the admissions office at (262) 783-3200.
Elmbrook to host parent nights, open houses
The Elmbrook School District has scheduled parent information nights for parents of middle school students, and open house tours for parents of high school students. The dates and times are:
· Pilgrim Park Middle School: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 10.
· Wisconsin Hills Middle School: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
· Brookfield Central High School: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
· Brookfield East High School: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 3.
Elm Grove Lutheran mourns death of teacher
The following statement was released from Elm Grove Lutheran School last week: "With sorrow, Elm Grove Lutheran School announces the sudden death of their 5th grade Homeroom and Literature teacher, Karen Friedrich. She was a strong, loving Christian woman, who taught at Elm Grove Lutheran School for 17 years. She worked closely with her fellow teachers and was well known for her love for her students. The Elm Grove Lutheran community grieves her loss but takes comfort in her strong faith in her Lord."
Friedrich died July 25 at the age of 61. She had taught for 39 years, mos recently at Elm Grove Lutheran.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove Police and Fire Departments respond to house fire
- Are you affected by the Milwaukee bus strike? Brookfield Now wants to hear from Gold Line commuters
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- In Brief: Tour le Jardin is coming July 18
- Brookfield water main break causes closure of Lilly Road
- Town of Brookfield denies two sign requests (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 2 (1)
- Five things to know about trains in Brookfield (1)
- Town of Brookfield once again considers Poplar Creek proposal
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?