A Milwaukee woman is suing Body Transitions Medical Clinic in Brookfield, claiming the company seriously injured her by administering an injection meant to be given in the buttocks in the wrong location March 30, 2012.
Body Transitions Medical Clinic, 275 Regency Court, helps clients lose weight.
The plaintiff, Shirron Jude-Boyd, said the injection delivered to her upper thigh about four inches from her waist caused parts of her thigh to go numb and gave her back pain, according to the civil complaint.
Jude-Boyd is asking for payment from Body Transitions and its insurer for "pain of body and mind."
The case was moved from Milwaukee County Circuit Court to Waukesha County Circuit Court last month.
Body Transitions did not return calls from NOW Newspapers seeking comment.
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (5)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Business Spotlight: When things aren't working right, hormone therapy may be called for