What group of people, in the infinite wisdom of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, decided that it was too dangerous to turn west from 144th Street onto Capitol Drive and we should instead turn east and U-turn at the next intersection? How can crossing to the median and waiting for an opening to turn west be more dangerous than crossing three lanes of traffic coming at 55 mph to make a U-turn? I was told that if that intersection was too close, go to the next one, which is Lily Road and a stop light. Making a U-turn at a stop light offers its own dangers.
I was told that this group of people, in its infinite wisdom, is trying to prevent T-boning at 144th Street. I have lived at this address since Capitol Drive was a two-way highway and I doubt whether any serious accidents ever happened at that intersection.
I know that many people in this subdivision feel as I do, wondering what powers that be decided that this is safer. Why weren't we consulted about it? Can it be changed?
- Now websites to get new look, realignment
- Jury reaches guilty verdict in connection with Brookfield drive-by shooting
- Dick's Sporting Goods to open Aug. 5 in Brookfield
- Brookfield/ElmGrove Weekly Planner: July 21
- Brookfield East choir to perform with Foreigner at Waukesha County Fair
- Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat
- Wisconsin Athletic Club nearing town of Brookfield opening
- Elm Grove setting up for second Great Campout
- Brookfield officials happy to see Biloba expansion (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: July 21