What group of people, in the infinite wisdom of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, decided that it was too dangerous to turn west from 144th Street onto Capitol Drive and we should instead turn east and U-turn at the next intersection? How can crossing to the median and waiting for an opening to turn west be more dangerous than crossing three lanes of traffic coming at 55 mph to make a U-turn? I was told that if that intersection was too close, go to the next one, which is Lily Road and a stop light. Making a U-turn at a stop light offers its own dangers.
I was told that this group of people, in its infinite wisdom, is trying to prevent T-boning at 144th Street. I have lived at this address since Capitol Drive was a two-way highway and I doubt whether any serious accidents ever happened at that intersection.
I know that many people in this subdivision feel as I do, wondering what powers that be decided that this is safer. Why weren't we consulted about it? Can it be changed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26
- Brookfield-area roadwork projects range widely