After nearly half a year preparing its brewery to open in the Village area of Brookfield, Biloba Brewing Co. plans to open for business with a celebration Saturday starting at 3 p.m.
"It's been since October that we've had the space, and we've had the word out there for awhile, so we're excited to finally share the beer with everybody," Bryan Dallmann, brewery manager, said.
The brewery is the result of a family dream. Gordon and Jean Lane brewed at their Brookfield home for years before deciding last year to expand their hobby, with help from Dallmann, a longtime friend.
Dallmann said there will be five to seven beers on tap Saturday, and pints will be available for purchase. Some of the anticipated beers include Smokin' Gramma, Cherry Lambic, Belgian Golden Ale, Saison on Oak, Rye of the Wort, and Section 25.
Section 25, also known as the Farmhouse Ale, was the outcome of a homebrew contest Biloba held earlier this year. Doug Romfoe brewed the recipe and came out on top according to a panel of tasters, giving him the opportunity to brew more of it at Biloba. Dallmann called it their "Brookfield beer."
A Brookfield-based food vendor, the Fast Foodie, will be serving food at the opening from 3 to 8 p.m. Fast Foodie owner Jacalyn Valent serves "Globacos," which consist of dishes from around the world wrapped in tortillas.
Following the event, Dallmann said, he hopes to open the tasting room to the public on a regular basis on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from 5 p.m. to close.
If You Go
WHAT: Biloba Brewing Co. grand opening
WHEN: 3 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: 18720 Pleasant St., Brookfield
- SURG to close HŌM Wood Fired Grill Brookfield location
- Elm Grove Village Market Night to debut in June
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26