A Milwaukee woman took $3,640 from an Elm Grove bank while she worked as a teller there and made unauthorized transactions to customer accounts to cover her tracks, according to a criminal complaint.
A felony charge of fraud against a financial institution was filed Tuesday against Shanecqua R. Tucker, 20, in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
Tucker is scheduled to make an initial court appearance Dec. 14. She could face up to six years in prison and a $10,000 fine if convicted.
According to the complaint:
A man reported to Elm Grove police that $1,000 had been withdrawn from his account after he made a deposit at the TCF Bank branch located at 12850 W. Bluemound Road on Sept. 5.
A fraud investigator for the bank tracked the unauthorized withdrawal to Tucker.
Tucker told a police officer that she took money from the bank, but never from customers. She took cash from her teller drawer and withdrew funds from customer accounts to balance the drawer on a number of occasions.
Once the drawer appeared balanced, Tucker said, she reversed the withdrawals, and the transactions wouldn't appear on customer statements.
Tucker initially told officers she didn't take the money for personal use. Later, however, she admitted using the money to purchase items for herself and to treat family members.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City could spend over $12 million in providing aid for Irgens' The Corridor
- Business Spotlight: Original Pancake House in Brookfield sticks to the tried and true
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield
- Brookfield council tables quarry project citing unanswered questions
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Brookfield officially changes water dept. schedules
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Jan. 22