Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Why are park sprinklers not subject to watering ban?
Issue: A reader said she has noticed automatic sprinklers watering the grass near the Wirth Park pool and wants to know why this is allowed when the city is under a watering ban.
Status: Tom Grisa, director of public works, said there are exemptions to the watering ban for newly planted grass and landscaping. The landscaping and green roof on the pool are exempt.
Bill Kolstad, director of parks, recreation and forestry, said the city has now set up the irrigation system at the pool with several zones and the roof and landscaping beds are the only zones that will be watered during the watering ban.
"I think the unasked but underlying question is whether the city is complying with the ban, and that certainly is our intention," Grisa said.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will the Watertown Plank railroad crossing be smoother?
- Ask Now: Path sharing problems in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Ask Now: Is Big Brother watching you?
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Is River Birch Drive a public trail or a private drive?
- Ask Now: Is Goodwill still coming to Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Ask Now: Are well owners hooked up to city water required to get permit?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove looks toward more walking paths
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Ask Now: Should Brookfield bikers be excited?