Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Bike lane planned for North Ave. segment in 2017
Issue: A reader wants to know why there is no bike lane along North Avenue east of Pilgrim Road.
Status: Tom Grisa, director of public works for the city of Brookfield, said the five-year plan calls for the addition of sidewalks and a bike lane to that stretch of North Avenue.
Waukesha County is widening North Avenue in 2017, and the city will be coordinating with the county to add a bike lane and sidewalk during that project.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Ask Now: Should Brookfield bikers be excited?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Burger King in the Town of Brookfield?
- Brookfield AskNOW for June 26: Where are the jobs?
- Ask NOW: Which side is the rich side of town?
- Ask NOW: How many elm trees does the Village of Elm Grove actually have?
- Ask NOW: Where did the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts get its name?
- Ask NOW: Should people take more care with their lawn care?
- Ask NOW: Can cars go over grass in order to pass on the right?
- Ask NOW: Reader wonders if bicyclists should use pathways
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident wonders when he is allowed to pass on the right
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident worried about pedestrians at Kinsey Park
- Ask NOW: How should residents handle suspicious solicitors?
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Ask NOW: Reader's question leads to signage change
- Ask NOW: Will Elmbrook Church respond to the gun left in the bathroom?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a stop sign at Main Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Ask NOW: What can residents do about phone scams?