Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Why are some properties restored after roadwork
Issue: A resident of the Mount Pleasant subdivision in Brookfield is upset because some of the ditches in the subdivision were restored and others weren't after the road work. He wants to know why.
Status: Jeff Chase, city engineer, explained that the city has two projects happening in the Mount Pleasant area and one is a road work project and the other is a utility project. He explained that the city has different restoration policies depending on which type of project it is.
For utility projects such as the sanitary sewer re-lay in Mount Pleasant, the city restores by laying topsoil, seed and mulch. After that, the property owners can chose to water and care for the grass however they chose, Chase said.
Road resurfacing projects have a different standard of restoration because the disturbed area is generally much smaller, Chase explained. He said usually there are only a few feet of disturbed surface on the side of the road so the city replaces the topsoil to blend from the edge of the road to the grass but does not replant grass in that area.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?
- Ask Now: Can you move snow into the street in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: How much are TIFs costing the city?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What will be done about the Elm Grove railroad crossing?
- Brookfield Ask Now: What are the plow drivers up to?
- Ask Now: How is Elm Grove's future park plan coming along?