Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Why are some properties restored after roadwork
Issue: A resident of the Mount Pleasant subdivision in Brookfield is upset because some of the ditches in the subdivision were restored and others weren't after the road work. He wants to know why.
Status: Jeff Chase, city engineer, explained that the city has two projects happening in the Mount Pleasant area and one is a road work project and the other is a utility project. He explained that the city has different restoration policies depending on which type of project it is.
For utility projects such as the sanitary sewer re-lay in Mount Pleasant, the city restores by laying topsoil, seed and mulch. After that, the property owners can chose to water and care for the grass however they chose, Chase said.
Road resurfacing projects have a different standard of restoration because the disturbed area is generally much smaller, Chase explained. He said usually there are only a few feet of disturbed surface on the side of the road so the city replaces the topsoil to blend from the edge of the road to the grass but does not replant grass in that area.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity?
- Ask Now: How does one get appointed to a Brookfield committee?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Can ATVs be ridden in public right of way?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Has the mayor always broken ties?
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why isn't the city on Facebook?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: How big are Brookfield's hills?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: What is an arterial road?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why are dogs required to be licensed?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?